The Student Room Group

2016 IGCSE Chemistry Paper 2 Unofficial Mark Scheme 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60

yes, but do you remember the previous parts of the question? or what question number it was?
Reply 61
Original post by Lelanor
I got 180g. 20 F of electricity = 3 moles of electrons. 3 moles of electrons: 1 mole of aluminium (from half equation given). 20/3 moles of aluminium made. Mass = moles × Mr = 20/3 x 27 = 180 g

Ikrr!! I did the same exact thing I wonder how people got 540 lol
Reply 62
Original post by pendos
Common misconception, it turns acidic

Posted from TSR Mobile

i think both could be right, when neutralised it will be orange (pH 7), but if it turns slightly acidic, it will be red
Original post by Nurne
C8H18 +8 1/2O2 -> 8CO + 9H20

Posted from TSR Mobile

nope you're wrong once again. It produces carbon monoxide AND carbon AND water AND carbon dioxide
Reply 64
Original post by pendos
Common misconception, it turns acidic

Posted from TSR Mobile

Search definition no excess H+ or OH- ions present. Meaning neutral.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ashnii34
Ikrr!! I did the same exact thing I wonder how people got 540 lol

They probably didn't realise there were fewer moles of aluminium than electrons and just did 20 x 27 = 540. I think someone I was talking to after the exam said she didn't know how to do it so guessed the method and got that.
Original post by Nurne
Search definition no excess H+ or OH- ions present. Meaning neutral.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i have no idea what you are going on about. You are talking down to people like they have no idea. They will accept red because it does turn slightly acidic FACT
Reply 67
Original post by Niclewis
nope you're wrong once again. It produces carbon monoxide AND carbon AND water AND carbon dioxide

Nope.

Posted from TSR Mobile

there's not much point in arguing because you are just wrong. 100%. You think u know every answer. You don't. You're wrong.
Reply 69
i have no idea what you are going on about. You are talking down to people like they have no idea. They will accept red because it does turn slightly acidic FACT

http://www.avogadro.co.uk/chemeqm/acidbase/titration/phcurves.htm

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nurne
Fe3+ Orange/Brown precipitate
Fe2+ Dark green precipitate

Posted from TSR Mobile

they refuse orange. It's brown.
for the incomplete combustion equation did you have to make all of those products or could it just have been carbon monoxide and water??
Reply 72
there's not much point in arguing because you are just wrong. 100%. You think u know every answer. You don't. You're wrong.

No, you are.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 73
Original post by defenestrated
for the incomplete combustion equation did you have to make all of those products or could it just have been carbon monoxide and water??

im pretty sure incomplete combustion always produces carbon and co2

u seem to have a problem listening to people. They will accept an acidic colour because it turns slightly acidic following neutralisation because it is close to impossible to completely neutralise it 100%
Reply 75
they refuse orange. It's brown.

they have accepted orange/brown in mark schemes
Reply 76
Both will be accepted.
Reply 77
u seem to have a problem listening to people. They will accept an acidic colour because it turns slightly acidic following neutralisation because it is close to impossible to completely neutralise it 100%

they should accept accept both colours, both reasons are logical

Original post by defenestrated

Original post by rcmack
im pretty sure incomplete combustion always produces carbon and co2

Cgp has an example with just CO and CO2 (and water)
20160615_164236.jpg
Reply 79

Carbon monoxide and water are the only products of incomplete combustion.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending