Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Courtesy of physicsmaths:

Question 6, STEP I:

Spoiler

Reply 41
Q5

Spoiler

STEP 1 2016 Q11 solution. This is one I did in the paper... Thought it was a very long one actually, perhaps there was a shortcut I missed (would appreciate people looking for one). Ended in a show that which is always comforting.
Reply 43
Original post by rohanpritchard
STEP 1 2016 Q11 solution. This is one I did in the paper... Thought it was a very long one actually, perhaps there was a shortcut I missed (would appreciate people looking for one). Ended in a show that which is always comforting.

Lol you just best me. I proceeded in a slightly different way, feel free to compare

1466006269699.jpg1466006280477.jpg

[URL=http://w1466006269699.jpgww.thestudentroom.co.uk/app]Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Q13

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by KingRS
Q13

Spoiler

Spoiler

This is only part 1?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1466010242.664049.jpg

Q13

Will rotate at some point

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
Original post by Krollo

Reply 48
Original post by Zacken

Ty bro

Forgot all my matrices dos they're not on step so I forgot how to rotate things

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zacken
Agreed.

That's a relief:/
Original post by student0042
Q1. I feel like there was another part as it seems a bit small, but then again I only proved it for n=1 and said, do the same thing.
Q1 STEP I 2016.jpg I'll let you blow it up again. :tongue:

Note that p4(1) = 2^8 - 9(1)(3^3)=256-243=13
q4(1) = 2/2 = 1

So the two polynomials cannot be equal.

Much easier than wading through half a page of algebra!
Original post by Mathemagicien
@Zacken

I'm obviously not going to upload any solutions until you give the go-ahead, but could I perhaps do the solutions for STEP II questions 6, 13 and that one? :smile:

Believe it was question 7 or 8, but probably shouldn't mention what the topic is just in case

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're right, my apologies!

Ith cool, only 21 hours to go!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MathHysteria
Note that p4(1) = 2^8 - 9(1)(3^3)=256-243=13
q4(1) = 2/2 = 1

So the two polynomials cannot be equal.

Much easier than wading through half a page of algebra!

That probably could have saved me some time in the exam. It looks like I went a very long way around it. I was thinking, "surely there's an easier way to do this", but didn't think to do that.
can I do q5
Reply 55
Note the STEP Prep thread is now closed and will be re-opened at 9am (ish...) tomorrow.

Reply 56
@Zacken

I'm obviously not going to upload any solutions until you give the go-ahead, but could I perhaps do the solutions for STEP II questions 6, 13 and that [redacted] one? :smile:

Sure, sounds good. You can post it up at 9 a.m tomorrow morning.
Nice solutions guys, just wondering where I can find the paper? There were photos on here yesterday but can't find them now? thanks
Reply 58
Original post by Patrick Gekko
Nice solutions guys, just wondering where I can find the paper? There were photos on here yesterday but can't find them now? thanks

I've posted the link to the pdf a few times on the main thread, you can go look 'em up there.
Original post by Patrick Gekko

It's here (might be useful if it was added to the OP of this thread).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending