The Student Room Group

GCSE Edexcel Additional Science

Scroll to see replies

I just had my chemistry exam and it was so easy! I'm so glad all my predictions for the paper were right and straight forward. It's time for physics revision!! (this friday)

Predictions for P2

electricity uses and dangers
circuits parallel and how to draw them
nuclear fission and fusion with uses and dangers
graphs and reading half life off of them
energy transformations
force and resultant force

most are maths equations and knowing the UNITS.
Original post by TSlayerr
I did the calculations and followed what the book said and got Mg5O2
Hmmm

I got MgO :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alicerose.j

it is MgO that is right
o, how did you manage to calculate that?
I did mass(g) / Relative atomic mass
And then I did some more calculations and got 5:2
I got Mg2O5
o, how did you manage to calculate that?

Just the empirical formula, dividing the relative formula mass by the weight for each and you ended up getting somethibg like 0.1705 or somethibg and then divide them both by itself which gives the ratio 1:1. Most people got that so i assume its right
Original post by jess.ayyy
Just the empirical formula, dividing the relative formula mass by the weight for each and you ended up getting somethibg like 0.1705 or somethibg and then divide them both by itself which gives the ratio 1:1. Most people got that so i assume its right

o,i probably didn't look at the masses correctly cause that was exactly what i did and i didn't get the same for the oxygen and the magnesium
o,i probably didn't look at the masses correctly cause that was exactly what i did and i didn't get the same for the oxygen and the magnesium

oh, maybe you forgot to subtract the masses of the substances to find the mass of oxygen to divide by the relative formula mass? thats the first thing you had to do
Original post by jess.ayyy
oh, maybe you forgot to subtract the masses of the substances to find the mass of oxygen to divide by the relative formula mass? thats the first thing you had to do

Yh...
Welp RIP me :frown:

There was something about balancing equations. Did we have to balance the equation in the last question?
I didn't have enough time so i rushed through it without reading the question properly.
well the empirical formula was MgO because you had to work out the number of moles by diving the mass by RAM and divide by the smaller number to get the ratio.
There's never an unofficial mark scheme for any of the Edexcel science exams
Yh...
Welp RIP me :frown:

There was something about balancing equations. Did we have to balance the equation in the last question?
I didn't have enough time so i rushed through it without reading the question properly.

tbf my targets an A I think i only scraped a C in that exam, and the last question? i dont think so you just had to do the empirical formula and write about the experiment which i didnt even know. Im awful at balancing equations
How was c2. I though it was really easy except for the last q. I think I would've got 4/6. Would've got full marks if I had enough time. I'm pretty sure the empirical formula was Mg5O2?

The last 6marker were terrifying and I literally flopped it. But the rest of questions were gooodd.
I think this year's C2 grade boundaries will stay the same as last years.
54 - A*
47 - A
36 - B
25 - C

I'm hoping A* plz
Would this get 2 marks?
"Metals conduct electricity because they have free electrons that can move and carry the charge"
also what did you guys write about using smaller sized zinc or something like that?
(edited 7 years ago)
Well... It's time for

PHYSICS (BOO!)
Original post by Dilbagh07s
Would this get 2 marks?
"Metals conduct electricity because they have free electrons that can move and carry the charge"
also what did you guys write about using smaller sized zinc or something like that?

think so yeah
Does a negative acceleration mean acceleration is acting in the opposite direction to the direction the object is travelling. So negative acceleration is deceleration?
not necessarily in the opposite direction but is just slowing down

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending