Original post by diva.http
Can we start this?

How did you find it?? i want to check some of my answers that were numbers
Reply 2
Original post by Brooke.taylor

The concentration was 0.4 and the enthalpy change was -1040
Reply 3
Some answers I remember were that potassium iodide and silicon doxide must be mixed in water for ones of them to dissolve (cant remember which) and then filter and then distill.

Another was to do with solvency in chromotography where water had to be used instead of propanenensnanan.... watever so water carries it up and then also use a pencil line instead of ink
Original post by ali_a200
Some answers I remember were that potassium iodide and silicon doxide must be mixed in water for ones of them to dissolve (cant remember which) and then filter and then distill.

Another was to do with solvency in chromotography where water had to be used instead of propanenensnanan.... watever so water carries it up and then also use a pencil line instead of ink

for the silicon + potassium iodide could u dissolve in water, filter and then crystallise using evaporation?? Basically everyone in my school said it was really hard but I think weve all done much better than we think because lots of the graph questions were alright.

Also what did people get for the six marker?
I did that it had four compounds, only one was soluble in water, the molecular mass was 320, C was most abundant and b (?) was least abundant in the mixture
Reply 5
for the silicon + potassium iodide could u dissolve in water, filter and then crystallise using evaporation?? Basically everyone in my school said it was really hard but I think weve all done much better than we think because lots of the graph questions were alright.

Also what did people get for the six marker?
I did that it had four compounds, only one was soluble in water, the molecular mass was 320, C was most abundant and b (?) was least abundant in the mixture

Actually thinking about it yeah crystalisation makes more sense but idk most ppl in my year said distill
for the six marker yeah i have a friend who talked about abundancies which i have no clue what is, i didnt do well on that question even though i revised cuz i just frgt but the peaks tell u which substance is more present and the molecualr ion peak can identify the substance
Reply 7
Original post by ali_a200
Actually thinking about it yeah crystalisation makes more sense but idk most ppl in my year said distill
for the six marker yeah i have a friend who talked about abundancies which i have no clue what is, i didnt do well on that question even though i revised cuz i just frgt but the peaks tell u which substance is more present and the molecualr ion peak can identify the substance

Couldn't be distill cause the boiling points were really high so not viable... crystallisation I reckon
Reply 8

I found it really hard, especially the qwc. I got 0.4 for the concentration, and i got the enthalpy change one wrong it was -1040 i think but i got -112 as i forgot to times one of them by six

hopefully grade boundaries are really low
Reply 9
Original post by economy
Couldn't be distill cause the boiling points were really high so not viable... crystallisation I reckon

distilling it by evaporating the water off leaving the the potassium iodid, yeah obvs u cant evaporate potassium iodide
proper hard
Reply 11
Predictions for grade boudaries ???
Reply 12
i definetly lost at least 20 marks
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 13
I think its going to be

63/90 A*
53/90 A
43/90 B
33/90 C

roughly, because it was harder than last years and last year it was 66/90 for an a*
Was the citric acid reaction endothermic or exothermic??
Reply 15
Original post by cccccccccc
Was the citric acid reaction endothermic or exothermic??

The one you had to tick the box??

Endothermic
Reply 16
You know the small table about temperature change, did it go 20, 9, -11 or 20, 9, 11? Would you get marks for forgetting the -?
Original post by kat.wade
You know the small table about temperature change, did it go 20, 9, -11 or 20, 9, 11? Would you get marks for forgetting the -?

No I'm pretty certain 20, 9, 11 would be correct
(edited 7 years ago)
Me and most of my year found the test easier than last year's. I'm predicting the grade boundaries around 65 - 67 for an A*.
Reply 19
Original post by kart1400
Me and most of my year found the test easier than last year's. I'm predicting the grade boundaries around 65 - 67 for an A*.

Really??? I found it really hard, and I'm Prettyy sure most of my year did too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending