The Student Room Group

2016 AQA Chemistry C2 - Unofficial Mark Scheme 2016

Scroll to see replies

What If you wrote data logger instead of digital thermometer!!!!!!
Original post by Ben34bow
How did everyone get 200kg for the 6 mark question? I got 250kg - I did 500 + 200 + 50 = 750, and then divided it by 3. I know I will probably get some marks for it, but I just wondered what everyone else did. :confused:

I just averaged out the best on all the charts, mainly going by the profit peak being at 200kg, I didn't use any math or anything
For improving the accuracy of the results I said insulate the beaker so external temperatures do not increase the over all temperature does this seem alright thanks
Original post by bullster
are nanoparticles bigger or smaller than normal particles?

Smaller but have a bigger surface area
Original post by maymunah12345
What If you wrote data logger instead of digital thermometer!!!!!!

That's fine :smile:
improvement.JPG
Wasn't it cloudy because CO2 was present? Because it was limewater.
Original post by Meegan543210
it said PURE water didn't it? And it doesn't have ions in it anyway... So I don't think you have to write about simple molecular substances it was one mark

Oh yeah! Me going over.
Reply 147
Did anyone else get 10 to the power of -9 m for the different for a nanoparticle to a normal particle?
Original post by jackbarry1999
1b) use a digital thermometer ~ more accurate ~ no human error

I wrote electric thermometer. Reckon I could still get the mark?
Wasn't the mean 5.8? Because when calculating a mean, surely you can't record to a higher degree of accuracy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Oasis61
Wasn't the mean 5.8? Because when calculating a mean, surely you can't record to a higher degree of accuracy?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're lenient most times with decimals, it's only in physics where you ever get marked down
49? Isnt that a big jump between an A and A*
A* - 49 marks

A - 42 marks

B - 35 marks

C - 29 marks
If you did the B2 exam on Friday, we have the mark scheme for that as well!
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4155717
Original post by Naco88
1. Question on Temperature Change
a) 5.75 (do not include the anomaly)
b)
c)
d) How could you change the apparatus to get more accurate results? Use a digital thermometer. It is more accurate.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4155717

For 1d) Put a lid on to prevent heat loss, wouldn't that be correct also?
For the mean question I got 5.75, an then thought I was wrong as it said mean decrease so instead of adding them all an dividing I subtracted them an got something like -2.75 an I thought it was correct due to it being decrease, hence the minus, and I didn't include the anomalous result and it was 3 marks so do you reckon I could get at least 1?
Original post by BDunlop
No, magnesium ions are more reactive than hydrogen ions, so the Mg ions are more keen to stay as an ion, thus the hydrogen ions are reduced to hydrogen and then form hydrogen molecule.

I apologise for my mistake, I have already corrected myself twice on this thread...
Original post by jackbarry1999
For the 2 variables I said to keep constant the volume of sodium thiosulfate and hydrochloric acid is this right?

I wrote that ! but wrote comcentration instead of volume
For the 6 marker, I some how got 50 for the amount, but I justified it by using information from the graph such as the price and the run off into lakes and rivers, I wrote quite a lot and since it was 6 marks is there any chance of me getting at least 1 or 2?
For 1d about changing apparatus I wrote that id use a clamp and retort stand to hold the thermometer in the solution without touching glass so the glass doesn't change the temp it shows, is this wrong?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending