The Student Room Group

Aqa chem 4/ chem 5 june 2016 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cookiemonster15
Pretty sure we don't need to know the equations, just how to work out the reactions if they are given in a table.

Although, considering the last paper, who knows? They might even bung that in there too -_-

Only one you need to know is the Hydrogen one. All the others will give you the equations for you to deduce the reaction
Original post by Suits101
I did originally!

Dilute should be the condition though so you're fine :smile:

Even if you did put reagent as dilute NaOH then most likely they'd understand it should've been a condition and marked it right anyway

Phew thankyou! I was really worrying about this because everyone else seemed to have put reflux,fingers crossed I will get the mark😬 I stupidly wrote filtration for the separation though:frown:
Original post by CassiaPeach
For the P and Q question I put ammonia instead of water then put misty fumes of HCl. Is ammonia also right?

I put that too
Original post by Saldudsjen123
I put dilute as the condition,do you think I'll still get the mark or should I have put dilute NaOH for the reagent?

would chromatography get you the mark for the seperation
i put that down then crossed it out and wrote distillation, was the question asking to separate alcohol from a mix of alcohol and salt?
Can anyone confirm?

I put heat under reflux to separate alcohol is this right?

Was nucle add elim the answer to any questions?

I think I wrote nucleophilic addition, nucleophilic addition elimination and nucleophilic substitution all at one point throughout this paper
(edited 7 years ago)
I did originally!

Dilute should be the condition though so you're fine :smile:

Even if you did put reagent as dilute NaOH then most likely they'd understand it should've been a condition and marked it right anyway

If you put reagent: NaOH and conditions: aqueous would that get you the conditions mark? Or did you have to say dilute? I think I've dropped around 18-20 marks on this paper :frown:
anyone got access/pictures of the paper ?:frown:
Reply 1669
Original post by Saldudsjen123
Phew thankyou! I was really worrying about this because everyone else seemed to have put reflux,fingers crossed I will get the mark😬 I stupidly wrote filtration for the separation though:frown:

I wrote filtration as unfortunatley :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thomaarrss
would chromatography get you the mark for the seperation

For separation of the alcohol from whatever the other thing was I wrote chromatography
Original post by Aerosmith
If you put reagent: NaOH and conditions: aqueous would that get you the conditions mark? Or did you have to say dilute? I think I've dropped around 18-20 marks on this paper :frown:

I'm going to be honest I have no idea

I'm trying to remember the paper to see how many marks I think I've dropped but I honestly don't know
Original post by ELCRE
I wrote filtration as unfortunatley :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought filtration was okay?
Does anyone have or think they can get the CHEM paper anytime soon? :smile:
did anyone else do a different way for proving the molecular formula for R other than the normal chem 1 way? i did 118 x percent of element , then divided that by the Ar of the corresponding element and proved it that way. would that still get me the marks? (eg, 118x0.61=71.98, then 71.98/12 = around 6, therefore 6 carbons, etc.)
Original post by ravichauhan11
did anyone else do a different way for proving the molecular formula for R other than the normal chem 1 way? i did 118 x percent of element , then divided that by the Ar of the corresponding element and proved it that way. would that still get me the marks? (eg, 118x0.61=71.98, then 71.98/12 = around 6, therefore 6 carbons, etc.)

Wrote C, H, O
Then % underneath each
Divided each % by Ar of each
Then divided this value by smallest value from above (this was empirical formula)
Then did Mr/sum of Ar of empirical formula = 2 then multiplied all the atoms by 2
Reply 1676
Did this too. Hope it's okay
Original post by Thisshouldbeapun
Currently revising Chem5 after that atrocious chem4

How much do we need to know about reversible and irreversible cells? Do we need to know the half equations for examples etc or do we only have to know that the reaction can be reversed in rechargeable cells?

I would try and know every single last thing there ever is on this planet in order to prepare. No but just revise like manganate autocatalysis because that might come up, the rest half equations should be given but you know aqa we might just get set a 45 marker on how acids are really bases and how random **** is better as a salt
All your teachers will have the paper, just go to them and ask to see it and take photos or whatever,
Now I hope everyone's in "AQA CHEM4 2016 Complaints" on Facebook? We've got replies from the daily mail so join and we will grow and sign the petition more and get fairer results
Wrote C, H, O
Then % underneath each
Divided each % by Ar of each
Then divided this value by smallest value from above (this was empirical formula)
Then did Mr/sum of Ar of empirical formula = 2 then multiplied all the atoms by 2

Yeah that's the normal way, would my way still get the marks?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending