The Student Room Group

2016 IGCSE Chemistry Paper 2 Unofficial Mark Scheme 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Abodee1
Cuo+2HNO3----->H2O+Cu(NO3)2

I wrote the same but there are people from my school which wrote oh instead of h20
Original post by rcmack
?) HNO3 + CuO -> Cu(NO3)2 + H2O

unbalanced. must be 2HNO3
Original post by Nurne
It changes from red at 3.1 pH that is not slightly acidic that is very acidic. It shouldn't be accepted.

I have no idea which is the correct answer, but I know both red and orange were accepted on a past paper for a very similar question
Original post by elertopo
I wrote the same but there are people from my school which wrote oh instead of h20

Metal oxide+Acid---->Water + salt.
Reply 144
Original post by Abodee1
unbalanced. must be 2HNO3

oh yea, forgot about that, thanks!
Reply 145
Original post by Castro300
Ok these are the questions im worried about, can anyone tell me the right answers:
Which stage insoluble impurities are removed in calcium oxide-i put 3

How do u know its in excess-i put solid formed at bottom

Why cracking is important, i put bigger demand for short chains and short chains more useful

Don't think you'll get the marks for smaller chains being more useful - they aren't. They are simply in higher demand.
Original post by jose99
silicon wasn't an option

It defo was. Silicon is in period 3 and i chose it because an example of neutralisation is CaO reacting with SIO2. so it must be acidic.
Anybody got the igcse chemistry paper 2 dual?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rcmack
any other questions??

Why is cracking important? I wrote: Because the products obtained can be very useful.For example ethene can be hydrated to make ethanol and some other alkenes are reactive and can be used to make useful polymers.THAT DOESNOT MEAN THIS IS THE RIGHT ANSWER.
Reply 149
Original post by jose99
silicon wasn't an option

SiO2 is very weakly acidic, I think it may be accepted.
did u guys wrote iron sulfate or sulfide for the blank filling? i wrote iron sulfate.
Reply 151
Original post by Abodee1
Why is cracking important? I wrote: Because the products obtained can be very useful.For example ethene can be hydrated to make ethanol and some other alkenes are reactive and can be used to make useful polymers.THAT DOESNOT MEAN THIS IS THE RIGHT ANSWER.

i saw on a mark scheme (cant remember which) that the reason for cracking to shorter chain was because shorter chain lengths are used for cars, which are in high demand
Original post by rcmack
i saw on a mark scheme (cant remember which) that the reason for cracking to shorter chain was because shorter chain lengths are used for cars, which are in high demand

cars? how lol.Yeh fuel... why didnot i think about it....
Reply 153
Original post by Abodee1
It defo was. Silicon is in period 3 and i chose it because an example of neutralisation is CaO reacting with SIO2. so it must be acidic.

From the table, the 'S' is the symbol for sulphur, Silicon would be Si
It was my last exam for this year :P i have done bio, chemistry and maths in year 10 and going to do 5 other subjects next year (11).What subjects are left for you guys?
Reply 157
Original post by Abodee1
It was my last exam for this year :P i have done bio, chemistry and maths in year 10 and going to do 5 other subjects next year (11).What subjects are left for you guys?

Physics paper 2, geography paper 3 and general studies paper 2. fun fun fun
Original post by jose99
Physics paper 2, geography paper 3 and general studies paper 2. fun fun fun

Haha, Best of luck mate :biggrin: !
Reply 159
Original post by Niclewis
they refuse orange. It's brown.

Orange-Brown Precipitate would be accepted.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending