The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Genuine question. What's wrong with someone sleeping with a different person every night or getting off with several people on a night out? As long as you're not in a relationship, contracting STD's or getting pregnant, I don't really understand the problem in society with someone just having fun (and being safe).

I realise not many people actually do this, I don't think I could do this purely because we've always sort of been told this is wrong and ****gy and immature and people will judge you for it. But why? Just had this thought earlier and can't seem to answer it myself, opinions people??

p.s. goes for guys as well as girls

Literally nothing wrong with it, but for some reason society deems it a horrible quality

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nothing wrong with it

People just like to judge
i honestly dont know. for men it is considered an achievement to sleep with multiple women at once
Genuine question. What's wrong with someone sleeping with a different person every night or getting off with several people on a night out? As long as you're not in a relationship, contracting STD's or getting pregnant, I don't really understand the problem in society with someone just having fun (and being safe).

I realise not many people actually do this, I don't think I could do this purely because we've always sort of been told this is wrong and ****gy and immature and people will judge you for it. But why? Just had this thought earlier and can't seem to answer it myself, opinions people??

Sex hasn't become a thing out of love anymore - it's just something to get your sexual urges out. People don't like it, because sex should be a sacred love ritual rather than "Lets bang pls".

I think that's what people think. But I don't.
Reply 5
It's just wrong.
Reply 6
Original post by Trapz99
It's just wrong.

No it's not. Unless you provide a valid reason (ie not religion), you don't have a point at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Makes me happy to see so many people agreeing with me here there's nothing wrong with it. Just a shame the rest of society can't see it like that tbh
It's haram and utterly disgustingly. Asstaghfirullah-Innallaha-ghafururraheem.
Maybe because I associate it with the liberal hippy no borders love and peace type and it just doesn't fit with my small c conservative style of thinking. I mean I like the small English countryside towns and villages and the idea of a woman prancing around and spreading her legs for anyone and everyone seems likely to be an affront to the kinds of people in those places. We are English we should take pride in our stiff upper lip culture and conservative polite nature
Original post by *Stefan*
No it's not. Unless you provide a valid reason (ie not religion), you don't have a point at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was just stating my opinion. I don't have to believe what you say :smile:

'utterly disgusting'... excuse me? It's very natural and normal, please don't bring your religious views here if you cannot back them up with a genuine personal opinion

There's nothing wrong with it, it's just that people have ideas and beliefs in their head about what you should or shouldn't do, everyone has these, we just need to let go of our shoulds and shouldnts

how is it disgusting?

I suppose yes, in your view, this is haram. I've actually never been told what that means, but from seeing it everywhere I feel like I can safely assume haram means 'wrong' in an Islamic context

but, regardless of OP or anyone's religion, why why should you point this out?

look, this is a more general point, as I've seen a bunch of threads getting sad that TSR is full of ignorant Muslim/Islamophobes etc, but genuinely I've never seen anyone say "damn bro, that's against the ten commandments" or "mate you are soon going to Naraka" or equivalent

like, why would you assume someone needs to know something is haram?

If they're muslim, they probably know. If they're not, I don't think it's of any consequence, right?

Spoiler

Reply 14
Original post by Trapz99
I was just stating my opinion. I don't have to believe what you say :smile:

You said it is 'simply wrong', which is factual.

But as I said, you just rendered your point of view invalid.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't know why people look down on you, i see no problem with it,
I think people r stupid for thinking so
maybe because men dont want to be compared to other women
In all honesty if I had a girlfriend that said she had a few sexual partners before, perfectly fine
But if a girl said she had a ton of sexual partners 15+ I would view her as someone with low standards, But this is my personal opinion.
Reply 18
Good point... From my perspective I'd think they had no self-respect. I could personally never date someone who had, if I knew, a history of this. I wouldn't be able to trust them nor feel there was a bond from sex seeing as they've just been 'passed' around; so to speak. My opinion, the latter, was probably controversial though. Ohwell.
(edited 7 years ago)
Nothing. Sex is awesome and being sexy is awesome. I would know.

Latest

Trending

Trending