The Student Room Group

Do you know anyone from your school who has gone on to play professionally?

A lot of people from my school who seemed amazing at football have not gone anywhere professionally. Do you know anyone who now plays football professionally or semi professionally?

Scroll to see replies

Yeah, I also know a pro boxer and four or five pro athletes (hurdles, long distance).
Original post by Wilfred Little
Yeah, I also know a pro boxer and four or five pro athletes (hurdles, long distance).

hilarious
@karl pilkington what do you mean? It's not a joke. The footballers went to my primary school and play semi pro, the one in my class was a Coventry youth player and I know his older brother who is also semi pro. I also know a first team Coventry City Ladies footballer from school who was in my sister's class.

The athletes are all siblings from the same family, one of them (hurdler) was in my primary school class and we went to the same secondary school too. Same goes for the boxer.
Original post by Wilfred Little
@karl pilkington what do you mean? It's not a joke. The footballers went to my primary school and play semi pro, the one in my class was a Coventry youth player and I know his older brother who is also semi pro. I also know a first team Coventry City Ladies footballer from school who was in my sister's class.

The athletes are all siblings from the same family, one of them (hurdler) was in my primary school class and we went to the same secondary school too. Same goes for the boxer.

my bad I thought you were being sarcastic lmao
Well i know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who knows Jermain Defoe:colonhash:
Reply 6
A couple of professional footballers a few years older than me from my high school- one of them is likely to be playing in tomorrow's big game :ahee:

A girl from my Primary was in the previous Commonwealth Games :ahee:

A couple of others doing boxing and stuff but we don't talk about them :no:
(edited 7 years ago)
Patrick Roberts
Reply 8
Not school but I played in the same team as a current League 1 player
Original post by Davalla
A couple of professional footballers a few years older than me from my high school- one of them is likely to be playing in tomorrow's big game :ahee:

A girl from my Primary was in the previous Commonwealth Games :ahee:

A couple of others doing boxing and stuff but we don't talk about them :no:

who in tomorrow's game
Reply 10
Was in the same classes as a current Championship player. I remember buying him on Fifa 13 :lol:
Original post by karl pilkington
who in tomorrow's game

Ain't gwan say publicly as peeps would be tracking me down to my school, and it was a crap one.

Welsh player though; not one of the English Scum. :biggrin:
Original post by Davalla
Ain't gwan say publicly as peeps would be tracking me down to my school, and it was a crap one.

Welsh player though; not one of the English Scum. :biggrin:

Possibly Ben Davies? He went to school near me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Two big ones. Gareth Bale and Sam Warburton.
I went to primary school with a guy who now plays for Fulham (he's in the under-18s at the moment), I went to secondary school with (and was really good friends with) a guy who plays international-level tennis, and I'm at school with 3 football players, all 3 who are at Birmingham City. That's all I know of, anyway.
Original post by Malevolent
Two big ones. Gareth Bale and Sam Warburton.

Whitchurch high school? Seem to remember a big news report around last year, saying they were both friends and sports mad and showed some signed merchandise of both in the school cabinet.
Original post by samiz20891
Whitchurch high school? Seem to remember a big news report around last year, saying they were both friends and sports mad and showed some signed merchandise of both in the school cabinet.

Sam is the nicest guy - got time for everyone and very genuine

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know someone who went to the same primary school as me who now plays for Liverpool U18 and England U17
Original post by Gob Bluth
Sam is the nicest guy - got time for everyone and very genuine

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow, that's nice to hear. I really believe it is more common in Rugby for people tend to be nicer and friendly to the public.
Original post by samiz20891

Yeah Whitchurch High School. Was there for Sixth form and jesus they don't half drone on about those two. Every ****ing assembly was oh if you work hard enough you could be like Gareth or Sam. What a ****ing professional footballer or Rugby player? :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest