The Student Room Group

AQA Chemistry C3 - Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE="Sadxa;65810293"]For the energy change I divided 3444 by 0.8 and go 4305? ANYONE ELSE?[/QUOTE
I got that too not sure if its right though
Original post by Fr3dg
yeah

Great, thank you! Was a bit worried when the mark scheme on here said 50 something! Plus it wasn't worth enough marks to have to divide and times after

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 202
Original post by Fr3dg
just read what you wrote, it asked for energy released from 0.8g of alohol, but you founder the energy needed "when 0.8g of water was heated", this arent the same

read as in the imperative command, im not reffering to my self having read what you wrote, but rather telling you that you should read what you wrote
Reply 203
Original post by Fractite
Was your very first question about ethanoic acid and carbonates and describe two things that you'll see?

I can't remember... This is what I do remember though: draw covalent structure of water, energy transfer diagram, drawing ethanoic acid, that ethanoic acid + alcohol + acid catalyst gives a 'fruity' ester, a titration six marker, a haber process reasoning 5 marker (forward/backward reaction etc) and one difference between Cu and... K (Potassium) I think. I've spoke with my friends and we didn't have a question that wanted a Q = m x c x delta T calculation however a question that wanted two fuels compared with a table of given data.
Original post by TheAnon121
For specific heat capacity, I got 3444J. And some people said it was F for that and some Rb - not sure which one was right

Obviously F as fluorine is a gas at room temperature. Boiling and melting point increases down group 7
[QUOTE="Kmcarthut;65814089"]
Original post by Sadxa
For the energy change I divided 3444 by 0.8 and go 4305? ANYONE ELSE?[/QUOTE
I got that too not sure if its right though

I got 3444J, because I just did 50 x 16.6 (I think) x 4.2 and I got 3444J.
For 3 marks, though, that's not a lot.
Reply 206
For how is methane produced can you say from crude oil
Original post by Wisbey
I can't remember... This is what I do remember though: draw covalent structure of water, energy transfer diagram, drawing ethanoic acid, that ethanoic acid + alcohol + acid catalyst gives a 'fruity' ester, a titration six marker, a haber process reasoning 5 marker (forward/backward reaction etc) and one difference between Cu and... K (Potassium) I think. I've spoke with my friends and we didn't have a question that wanted a Q = m x c x delta T calculation however a question that wanted two fuels compared with a table of given data.

Sounds similar to mine, but not the exact same...
Original post by dee08
For how is methane produced can you say from crude oil

Yeah. That, or natural gas.
can someone confirm weather the question on completing the rest of the diagram was for ethanol or ethanoic acid?
Did anyone else get -342 for the bond energies ...?:/
Reply 211

Natural gas! Yes, aha, farting cows was the first thing that came into my mind but I knew I couldn't write it:frown:!
Original post by Wisbey
Natural gas! Yes, aha, farting cows was the first thing that came into my mind but I knew I couldn't write it:frown:!

:teehee:
Original post by greenapple10
can someone confirm weather the question on completing the rest of the diagram was for ethanol or ethanoic acid?

Ethanoic acid.
Reply 214

Ethanoic Acid - CH3COOH.
Complete the diagram for ethanol can acid should have looked like this when completed:

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1466010500.409435.jpg

(If you wrote the OH attached together, that is also perfectly acceptable)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 216

What about cattle?
Original post by thatnerdygirl001
Did anyone else get -342 for the bond energies ...?:/

Nah - I got -1348 or somewhere around that mark.

Ethanoic acid
Original post by Omz123
What about cattle?

Eh, that might be too vague for a triple paper :frown:
You may still get the mark, though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending