The Student Room Group

AQA M1SB 8th of june 2016 unofficial markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by Cascadess
for the 4 probability one probably you probably got 3 outta 5

and you'll probably lose two marks for the second one as well :smile:

For both of those, one for the mistake lost and one mark for the bad answer at the end you would have got.

That's great thanks. I don't think I lost any other marks so what do you guys think 71/75 is in UMS?
Original post by Sam Webb
For "7)b)i)" The confidence interval from the previous question is in Pounds. So I think you have to multiply both limits by 1.2 to give the confidence interval in Euros. Which makes it so that 400 does lie within the confidence interval.

Yes I think you may be correct, though I cannot remember the question.
Original post by SM-
That's great thanks. I don't think I lost any other marks so what do you guys think 71/75 is in UMS?

100 UMS
Original post by JamieOH
Yes I think you may be correct, though I cannot remember the question.

As Jordan says, 100UMS, infact last year that was dead on the border for 100UMS. Technically I guess you achieved the highest grade possible with the least work put in :wink: Well done :P
For 2.b) did it specifically ask for the range? I found the value of the S.D and the mean.
That feel when u got all the maths correct and the only ones that are at risk are the worded questions zzzz.
By the way I was looking at the average of marks needed to get an A and it was 59/75 for like 3/4 years running. :P
Hello everyone hope your exam went well. I have a few questions...
For the difference in mean question I didn't see that you had to work out the difference and so put my answer as the correct value for Mew (1522.7 I think) Would this just be one mark lost?
Also on the very last question the second claim, I didn't convert the euros to pounds so ended up with 10/40 so was dead on 25% and I said it is correct. Would this get me 1 mark and lose me the other(s)??

Also what do you think 72/73 would be in UMS?
Reply 228
General consensus on the grade boundaries?
Original post by xs4
General consensus on the grade boundaries?

well because it was an okay exam people are saying like 65 but last years, 2013 and 2014 papers were of very similar difficulty and they were around 59/61 and so im guessing around there, following a tread which there is no reason to differ from
What did u get for s .d q 2
Original post by Jack.dim
What did u get for s .d q 2

i choose to do the range and mean instead :smile: but i got 45 and 25.6
Reply 232
Yeah I think you'd just lose one mark on the first part. I can't quite remember how many marks the last part is but if it was 2 you may well lose all 2, I think there'll be 1 mark for multiplying by 1.2 and 1 for a correct conclusion.
72/73 would be very near 100 I think. Though this paper wasn't too bad, judging by the MS I may have got 75.

Forgot I didn't quote. This was meant for Zaydy3
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi can someone write up the paper again? I would like to redo the paper again and compare it to the unofficial mark scheme.. please!! Especially Q3, loom bands and confidence interval questions.
Thank you!!
Reply 234
Guys i've acquired the paper so i'll be making changes ASAP
Original post by xs4

Great can you give the s.d and mean and range for q2
Original post by xs4

Can you please send it to me please??
Reply 237
Original post by Language student
Can you please send it to me please??