The Student Room Group

CCEA GCSE exams 2016 *official only CCEA thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bar73
Anyone else think that chemistry test was impossible? I was so confused i didn't even get the iron oxide formula and i wrote endothermic instead of exothermic haha

What did you guys write for why the preciptate disappeared in the limewater?

I said endothermic as well hahaa! I realised afterwards that dehydration is endo lol precipitate was limestone and when co2 is in excess, theres no more limewater to react so the co2 and limestone combine to form soluble calcium hydrogen carbonate which dissolves in water and no longer a precipate present as it have disolved in solution, lol i almost ran out of space for that one
Original post by MeganMcAlister
Anyone do double award chemistry?? If so, was the question on writing the addition polymerisation formula the one for pvc?

H Cl
[-c-c-] n
H H

thats the final product but there was bonds extending outside brackets and to the h and cl atoms (cant do that on the phone
Das chemistry - was the mass of product 8.5g for last q on quantitative? The rate of reaction; speeds up the reaction and is same mass before and afterwards, reactant would not be- something along them lines? As time increases, rate also increases until reaction has stopped? What happens to limestone in furnace, thermal decompositon and then caO reacts with acidic sio2 to form ****, then tapped off? Fractional distilation; heated eneters as a vapour, hydrocarbons in vapour rise to different levels depending on boiling boints, large hc at bottom small at top, collected on trays as liquid at different parts of the fractioning column?
Original post by GoNinty
that chemistry exam was alright. i think i mightve lacked some detail in a few questions but other than that it wasn't too bad.

i have completely lost all motivation. the fact that i have a further maths exam tomorrow is killing me. it also pains me to know that almost everyone else only has one final exams whereas I still have 3 left. I'm especially dreading further maths paper 2. like seriously dreading it. it doesn't help I handed in my textbook to my teacher (he demanded them, honestly) and now I have to rely on my notes and past papers. god save me that i get an A in this subject.

I'm the same as you, literally no motivation and I havnt done anything yet for further maths tomorrow, I've got 7 exams left, one everyday until the last day, I think it actually might kill me
Original post by RJM1802
For chem unit 1 did you get n=6 on the moles question and then sonething like 365kg??

Yeah, that's what I got!
Original post by jackcoys
I have 4 left and i'm so tired and bored. I've done 15 so far.

I have 6 left :frown: 0 motivation also for further maths
Original post by Katie389
Yeah, that's what I got!

Me too!! Yay
Original post by Katie389
Yeah, that's what I got!

Same but I put 36.5kg because I divided it wrong at the end. I hopefully reckon they'll only take a mark off me!
Original post by nmeechan
am i the only one who didnt mind the chem? i just made a lot of silly mistakes like mistaking copper carbonate for copper oxide

Yeah I found it okay, but the colour change question; was the second part about copper carbonate and was the colour change green to black, I'm not sure ,someone thought it was calcium carbonate and I don't know if I did it right or if they did.
Original post by jackcoys
Same but I put 36.5kg because I divided it wrong at the end. I hopefully reckon they'll only take a mark off me!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you could only lose one mark for that, especially after doing the rest of the working out
What did people get for the solubility temperature question? Everyone I've asked has a different answer :/
Reply 871
[QUOTE="Tsunaomi;65815975"]What did people get for the solubility temperature question? Everyone I've asked has a different answer :/[/QUOTE
i put 0 because i had no idea
Original post by Tsunaomi
What did people get for the solubility temperature question? Everyone I've asked has a different answer :/

I can't remember but I think I got 19/20
Reply 873
Original post by Okdmd46
I said endothermic as well hahaa! I realised afterwards that dehydration is endo lol precipitate was limestone and when co2 is in excess, theres no more limewater to react so the co2 and limestone combine to form soluble calcium hydrogen carbonate which dissolves in water and no longer a precipate present as it have disolved in solution, lol i almost ran out of space for that one

at least you got it! i made up a random equation like CaCO3 +H2O + CO2 --> CaO + H2O3 + CO2
so pretty sure i got 0 marks for that
Original post by bar73
at least you got it! i made up a random equation like CaCO3 +H2O + CO2 --> CaO + H2O3 + CO2

I seen it in my textbook and learnt it well because i know how ccea operate lmao
Original post by bar73

You were close, just without water
i literally made up a random equation for boiling of hard water like caco3 + h2o => ca(oh3)2 + co2 + h2 + 02

like i dont even think it balances
Original post by Okdmd46
Das chemistry - was the mass of product 8.5g for last q on quantitative? The rate of reaction; speeds up the reaction and is same mass before and afterwards, reactant would not be- something along them lines? As time increases, rate also increases until reaction has stopped? What happens to limestone in furnace, thermal decompositon and then caO reacts with acidic sio2 to form ****, then tapped off? Fractional distilation; heated eneters as a vapour, hydrocarbons in vapour rise to different levels depending on boiling boints, large hc at bottom small at top, collected on trays as liquid at different parts of the fractioning column?

i got 17g for the last one.. and i said as time increases rate of reaction decreases lol
Original post by gabrielealek
i got 17g for the last one.. and i said as time increases rate of reaction decreases lol

How did u get 17? The gradient was i creasing though for rates?
Original post by Tsunaomi

Unit 1 TA chem? 36c

Quick Reply

Latest