The Student Room Group

one law you would introduce if u were President/Prime Minister

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by sleepysnooze
:':wink: you think there are social costs to LSD?! you have no clue about any of this, do you?

wtf r u dumb
also, prohibition in general doesn't work, sherlock
You're the idiot who asked "why not ban alcohol"
Original post by drogon
wtf r u dumb

I'm somebody who knows a lot about LSD, actually. you *clearly* haven't the first clue about it.

You're the idiot who asked "why not ban alcohol"

yes because you're wanting a policy that doesn't work - why not apply that policy that doesn't work to *everything*? I'm just asking for some consistency! you said prohibition doesn't work - then why are you saying we should prohibit coke? do you think prohibition didn't work because it was specifically alcohol that was banned? :' ) nah.
Re-legalise the ownership of guns.
Daily reminder that PEOPLE kill, not guns. Serbia and Switzerland have gun ownership legalised and they're doing just fine : )
Reply 63
I'm somebody who knows a lot about LSD, actually. you *clearly* haven't the first clue about it.

1 cost is the cost on the nhs to treat people. another cost is the less productivity as people get ill/ benefits claiming.

Want me to go on? Oh look, an "expert"

Consistency? Coke is banned rn. alcohol isnt. Thats consistency. The scientists split it into class A, class B etc etc and alcohol isnt part of that.
Reply 64
Original post by BirdIsWord
Daily reminder that PEOPLE kill, not guns. Serbia and Switzerland have gun ownership legalised and they're doing just fine : )

Equally though they get no benefit from those guns, so what would be the point?
Original post by drogon
1 cost is the cost on the nhs to treat people. another cost is the less productivity as people get ill/ benefits claiming.

mate, to overdose from LSD you would have to *snort* ****ing *grams* of it, and a typical dose is about 100 *micro* grams (give or take), on your tongue via a blotter. LSD isn't dangerous. it can be uncomfortable if you take too much, but you wouldn't be able to do anything if you took too much (i.e. if you're suggesting harming other people). it would sedate you quite a lot and would make you *very* willing to sit down and relax. that's distinct from alcohol where you might become aggressive.

there's only been about 1 case of an overdose from LSD, and the person/persons recovered rather quickly

Consistency? Coke is banned rn. alcohol isnt. Thats consistency. The scientists split it into class A, class B etc etc and alcohol isnt part of that.

coke and alcohol are both drugs you muppet - that's the consistency I was talking about - why ban one and not the other? if anything alcohol is worse for you than coke.
Original post by Dheorl
Equally though they get no benefit from those guns, so what would be the point?

Protection from the threat of a tyrannical state #DontTreadOnMe
Reply 67

Shhhh, guns have a mind of their own remember the person who does it doesn't matter only the tool
Reply 68
Protection from the threat of a tyrannical state #DontTreadOnMe

AHhhhhhahahahahaha... AAAAaaahahahaaaahahhahahhaha!!!!!11!!!1!

Hang on, you're not serious are you?
Original post by Dheorl
Nooooo, not vegetables. They're my kryptonite.

Also I feel the need to point out my post has more reps than yours :wink:

:colone: found that weakness hurrah :biggrin:

Spoiler

Abolish private schools and bring back the polytechnics and other specalist schools for those willing to work with practical tradecraft.
Original post by Dheorl
AHhhhhhahahahahaha... AAAAaaahahahaaaahahhahahhaha!!!!!11!!!1!

Hang on, you're not serious are you?

Yeah I am son
Reply 72
Yeah I am son

:K:

Ok, I've got to ask, what good will guns do you?
Original post by Dheorl
:K:

Ok, I've got to ask, what good will guns do you?

Freedom from tyranny of the state
Mine would be a law that would allow me to have as many laws as i want because i can't come up with one right now. I had chemistry today and i used up all my energy on that:p:U
Original post by Danny the Geezer
Less brown people. :pierre:

How abhorrent.

Spoiler

Reply 76
Freedom from tyranny of the state

And how will they accomplish that?
I wouldn't introduce a law as the power of the executive should be to suggest a law and let a senate or parliament debate it.
Following John Locke, I would introduce a law saying, that those for whom toleration is not their own rule, will be punished by fine, prison, capital punishment and/or deportation, depending on crime against toleration they commited and where they come from.

Any true statement (based on facts, substantive, proven), would not be treated as lack of tolerance, no matter how much the desribed person or group would feel it to be insulting.

This would solve problems of fundamental extremism, racism and censorship of political correctness in the same time. Of course, only when introduced utterly and with police having the undivided control over every single street in the country, as they used to have in the past.

Original post by Dheorl
And how will they accomplish that?

Firearms would allow to overthrow the state and introduce an anarchy, which must cause some gangs and mafias to take power over, so this would free people from tyranny of the state, and and introduce a tyrranny of gangs.
(edited 7 years ago)
This will be controversial, but I'd love to ban chewing gum - I really hate seeing it stuck to things, under chairs, all over pavements, and it's not nice seeing someone chewing gum either, especially while they are talking, or if they play with it and stretch it in their hands - eww :yucky:

Quick Reply

Latest