The Student Room Group

Ocr Gateway Additional Science C3 B3 P3 15th june Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
A sperm cell is a gametes...
Reply 21
Original post by failureofaperson
Hey on the 6 marker about the methods to make drugs I'm pretty sure that method D isn't right because it has a high atom economy and that's unwanted
An high atom economy is a good thing it reduces waste products
Hey on the 6 marker about the methods to make drugs I'm pretty sure that method D isn't right because it has a high atom economy and that's unwanted

A high atom economy is wanted as it reduces the amount of wasted product so it makes the process more sustainable so yes it is D.
Reply 23
Guys someone start a petition to lower the grade boundaries of ocr science 2016 this exam was extremely hard compared to the previous years... we need atleast 18 to be a C and 26 to be a B and so on SO LETS REDUCE THE GRADE BOUNDARIES!
Ah yes of course sorry I completely forgot
Original post by nadiakms
omg what question was that I don't remember tbh looool on the enzyme question with the table of egg whites and wtv 😭😭 I thought it had said use the data only so didn't talk about pH and temperature but oh well :/ this exam completely destroyed me

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was some question about amino acids where they had this long list of bases put together which coded for 3 amino acids and on the left page, there was this table which had the names of the amino acids and their code and you had to write the names of the amino acids that were coded for in the given list, using the table. Eh, I think it was only worth 1/2 marks or something so I'm not getting too sad about it xD but damn damn..... and oh lord that egg whites question .... uhhhh I so didn't get that one right xD I just made up some random shiz and hoped for the best so don't worry about it :biggrin: You probs got loadsa marks for the other questions. I was kinda running out of time as well and start panicking. Plus my stomach started to rumble at the end of P4 -_- I noticed some people beside me finished half an hour early and I took the whole hour and 15 mins O.o how do people finish that quickly?! We got module 4 on Friday... only revised c4 so far...:2in1:.... and i'm here...... ok time to learn b4 now -_-
Good luck to y'all for Fridayyyyy! - MY LAST EXAM OMGWAAAAADDDDD
Original post by u.sha
Good luck to y'all for Fridayyyyy! - MY LAST EXAM OMGWAAAAADDDDD

Your LAST exam! How? I still have 4 after the one on friday... How many did you have altogether?
Reply 27
Original post by Mattyates2000
Your LAST exam! How? I still have 4 after the one on friday... How many did you have altogether?
Friday is my last exam too YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY TIMEEEEEEEEE TO HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT CMON B4 C4 P4 we need to work together and pass this suggest some ideas

Yusss. I have 14 in total and I did most of them in the first week of exams. Or it might be that you do triple science so you have more exams? I'm just glad that this is my last week of exams. Getting excited just thinking about it :biggrin:
Original post by u.sha
Yusss. I have 14 in total and I did most of them in the first week of exams. Or it might be that you do triple science so you have more exams? I'm just glad that this is my last week of exams. Getting excited just thinking about it :biggrin:

Nah I do double science, I have 19 in total and I think it's because I do further maths and 2 languages that I have more. You're so lucky, I still have 12 days until my last exam which is Product which I will be counting the days to.
Nah I do double science, I have 19 in total and I think it's because I do further maths and 2 languages that I have more. You're so lucky, I still have 12 days until my last exam which is Product which I will be counting the days to.

ooohh and I just realised... if you did triple science then you wouldn't be looking at this thread... lol. Damnn dude, so you do 2 languages and further maths omg wow you must be really hardworking. I struggled doing 1 language and I dropped out of further maths so ended up not doing the exam. How did you find further maths? Well, I wish you luck for the remaining exams you have yet to do. I'm sure those 12 days will fly by so hang in thereeee
Original post by u.sha
ooohh and I just realised... if you did triple science then you wouldn't be looking at this thread... lol. Damnn dude, so you do 2 languages and further maths omg wow you must be really hardworking. I struggled doing 1 language and I dropped out of further maths so ended up not doing the exam. How did you find further maths? Well, I wish you luck for the remaining exams you have yet to do. I'm sure those 12 days will fly by so hang in thereeee

Thanks man. Sure hope they do. Tbh these past few weeks have gone really fast. I haven't done further maths yet and I don't think I am ready. I also regret doing 2 languages but thank God that they're over. I just hope these past 2 years of school have payed off.

It is Method D atom economy you want highest as possible so it was D
Original post by Scarlett4
I know - but i have no ideo how to answer it

I think this question was based on how because of selective breeding there is a lack of variation which may perhaps lead to diseases and illnesses spreading as the animals are all based on the same characteristics. I mean it can also be due to DNA mutations as there are many reasons to why. Personally I spoke about the disadvantages of selective breeding and how this can actually cause pugs to have difficulty breeding. I hope this helps although I don't know if it is 100% correct.
Reply 34
For the mass conservation did you guys get 44 or 60?
Original post by ~Lily~
For the mass conservation did you guys get 44 or 60?

Original post by alishba-rosex

I'm pretty sure I got 58...
Original post by nadiakms
I thought it's mitosis BC it asked about sperm cells and not gametes ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is not mitosis because sperm cells are produced in the testes and the cells in these organisms divide to produce gametes for sexual reproduction. As a result of which the answer is meiosis. Hope this explanation helps.
Other questions and answers:

227g of meat at 56 degrees in under 12 minutes -----> Option A (3)

Physics 6 marker:
A to B has the most acceleration
B to C is a constant speed, no acceleration or deceleration
C to D is deceleration
Original post by Eductioman
Other questions and answers:

227g of meat at 56 degrees in under 12 minutes -----> Option A (3)

Physics 6 marker:
A to B has the most acceleration
B to C is a constant speed, no acceleration or deceleration
C to D is deceleration

I thought it was option D as it had 30 degrees in 5 minutes and so in 10 minutes it would have rised to 60 degrees which is more than 56 in under 12 mins. For option A it was only for 200g of food and not 227g

Quick Reply