The Student Room Group

What is your earliest memory?

Mine was when I was 2 years old (my memory is pretty damn good.) and I woke up early morning and I saw this purple kite in the hall. I instantly got very excited and ran to my mum and asked her if it was for me and she said yes. I was the happiest 2 year old that day. It's one of my earliest and favorite memories.:h:

Was just wondering what everyone's earliest memory is :rolleyes:

Scroll to see replies

I remember first day of school (well reception) I was crying so much and clinging on to my mum, one of the teachers had to pull me apart and stayed with me the whole day, 13 years later we are still in touch with that teacher today.
Reply 2
Original post by TheAlphaParticle
I remember first day of school (well reception) I was crying so much and clinging on to my mum, one of the teachers had to pull me apart and stayed with me the whole day, 13 years later we are still in touch with that teacher today.

Aww, how old were you? I actually funnily enough didn't cry on my first day of school. I was just really nervous. The teacher was marking attendance and at that time the word "present" and "Absent" sounded so alien-ish to me and I had no clue what they meant. While I was waiting for her (the teacher lol) to call out my name, I was tossing between saying absent or present and eventually (And LUCKILY enough) I decided on saying "present" because I liked the sound of it more :bebored:
^ what a logic... :colonhash:
Reply 3
When I was 1 second old: I came out of my mum's minge and thought to myself 'F***ing hell it stinks in there'.
Before I turned 3 but not sure of the exact age - going to see my grandma at the swimming pool where she worked as a receptionist, and also being at pre-school and cutting myself on the sellotape dispenser.

Also a lot of memories from 3-4, mostly spending loads of time with my dad, especially when we went to the theatre and saw Swan Lake. Not exactly happy memories anymore, only found out last year that the reason I was spending so much time with him was because my mum was in hospital with my grandad... But up until then they were very fondly remembered. Also remember finding out that he'd died, which was about a month after my 4th birthday (and getting really confused because she'd worded it as "He's gone", so for about 5 years I genuinely believed that dying meant you evaporated away.)

It's funny how detailed some memories are - I remember the decoration in the theatre for the ballet and what ice-cream I had in the interval (chocolate) and sitting on the flipped-up chair so I could see the stage, but I don't remember my first day at school.
Reply 5
I was about 3 or 4 and I had been moaning at my mum for weeks to buy me this walking and talking Transformers like robot toy and she finally caved in and got me it. It quite big and about the average size of a 2/3 year old and my papa set it up in another room and told me to stay in the living room with my eyes shut and then he told me open them and all I heard was it talking really low pitched and walking over to me and I screamed, cried and ducked behind the couch and wouldn't come out until it was back in the box :colondollar: mum wont let me live that down :laugh:
Reply 6
Original post by Davalla
When I was 1 second old: I came out of my mum's minge and thought to myself 'F***ing hell it stinks in there'.

Wow. What a unique memory. I'm sure you feel privileged to have preserved such a beautiful, detailed and unique memory of your childhood (more like babyhood.)
I don't know how old I was.

I have memories of kindergarten but I also remember earlier things like my next door neighbour's dog.
I remember dancing to music at age 4. :h:
Me burning my hand on a clothes iron because I was stupid as a child. :colonhash:
Original post by Noara
Aww, how old were you? I actually funnily enough didn't cry on my first day of school. I was just really nervous. The teacher was marking attendance and at that time the word "present" and "Absent" sounded so alien-ish to me and I had no clue what they meant. While I was waiting for her (the teacher lol) to call out my name, I was tossing between saying absent or present and eventually (And LUCKILY enough) I decided on saying "present" because I liked the sound of it more :bebored:
^ what a logic... :colonhash:

I think I was 4 or 5. And I also came across a similar situation to yours when I moved schools in year 3, my new teacher insisted that the class respond to the register in Spanish but I was not made aware of this, on my first day everyone was responding "Buenos Dias", I was so confused and I thought I was in some really posh school or something. When She called my name I just froze and said "here" instead, I was so embarrassed until she made clear what the F**k was going on! Ugh I hated that teacher for the rest of the year, for not telling me before!
Nanny was reading out a list of prime numbers. i was nearly 2.
Original post by the bear
Nanny was reading out a list of prime numbers. i was nearly 2.

I see what you did there :teehee: :captain:
Reply 13
Original post by ElspethC
Before I turned 3 but not sure of the exact age - going to see my grandma at the swimming pool where she worked as a receptionist, and also being at pre-school and cutting myself on the sellotape dispenser.

Also a lot of memories from 3-4, mostly spending loads of time with my dad, especially when we went to the theatre and saw Swan Lake. Not exactly happy memories anymore, only found out last year that the reason I was spending so much time with him was because my mum was in hospital with my grandad... But up until then they were very fondly remembered. Also remember finding out that he'd died, which was about a month after my 4th birthday (and getting really confused because she'd worded it as "He's gone", so for about 5 years I genuinely believed that dying meant you evaporated away.)

It's funny how detailed some memories are - I remember the decoration in the theatre for the ballet and what ice-cream I had in the interval (chocolate) and sitting on the flipped-up chair so I could see the stage, but I don't remember my first day at school.

I'm really sorry to hear about your granddad. When I was younger, I used to spend a good amount of time with my maternal grandmum and then we moved to another country and she passed away after a few years. My mum told me that she went to a placed called Heaven and I remember constantly asking her if we can just buy a ticket and visit her. I do miss her occasionally but I was never THAT close to her. She died when I was 4 something. I am, however, very close to my paternal grandma and grandpa who I spend most of my time with.

I know right? I have quite a few detailed memories too.
:dontknow: but my cousins gave me coca cola when i was two years old:colondollar: apparantly i caused a rampage in their house :rofl:
I remember jumping into a pool in France and nearly drowning when I was 3 years old because I couldn't swim... :redface:
It looked fun so I thought I'd join :lol:
Reply 16
Original post by surina16
I remember jumping into a pool in France and nearly drowning when I was 3 years old because I couldn't swim... :redface:
It looked fun so I thought I'd join :lol:

Yea I tried doing that in water that was till my knees. Thought I could swim regardless... :colonhash:
Reply 17
Original post by TheOtherSide.
Me burning my hand on a clothes iron because I was stupid as a child. :colonhash:

Holy rabies. I keep on forgetting that we are friends.. Sorry TheOtherSide. I had my exams and hence couldn't keep up :frown:. I'm sure I'm too beautiful to be mad at (Am I right or am I right?) so we're good right?
Hello btw :bootyshake::bootyshake::bootyshake:
I remember having a tantrum. It was my friends birthday from nursery and my mom bought her play dough. I remember kicking, screaming and crying because I didn't get any.
:u: Suprised I remember that LOOL
Quite funny when I think about it now
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Noara
Holy rabies. I keep on forgetting that we are friends.. Sorry TheOtherSide. I had my exams and hence couldn't keep up :frown:. I'm sure I'm too beautiful to be mad at (Am I right or am I right?) so we're good right?
Hello btw :bootyshake::bootyshake::bootyshake:

You keep forgetting we're friends? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest