The Student Room Group

Official M4 Edexcel Thread – Wednesday 15th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ombtom
67 is the average mark needed for an A*, so it'll probably be close to 90 UMS.

Sounds like we lost marks in the same places.

Cheers. Yeah should get a few method marks hopefully. Got 100 in M3 and have 94 in M2 from last year so should be on for a star now. :smile:
I’m going through questions 1 and 2, both of which I got wrong, to try to get an idea of how many marks I lost. Can anyone remember the masses of the two particles in question 1?

From what I’ve read here, I realise it probably wasn’t a particularly hard paper, although I’m not feeling too confident.
Reply 182
Original post by paddy10663
I’m going through questions 1 and 2, both of which I got wrong, to try to get an idea of how many marks I lost. Can anyone remember the masses of the two particles in question 1?

From what I’ve read here, I realise it probably wasn’t a particularly hard paper, although I’m not feeling too confident.

I remember m and 4m but I'm not sure.
Original post by ombtom
I remember m and 4m but I'm not sure.

Thanks. I’ll play around with them and see if I can get something to work. I think I got 1/5 as my final answer... hopefully I just missed out the root at the end and not something more serious further back.
Original post by paddy10663

M and 4m direction turned through by 90 :smile:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
M and 4m direction turned through by 90 :smile:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. I think fortunately it was a silly slip near the end. Can’t believe I didn’t spot the nice angle the particle makes with the LoC as it moves away - I did it in in terms of cos(90+𝜶) and sin(90+𝜶) instead!
For the edexcel further maths A2 what is required for an A*. I am doing M2, M3, M4, S2, FP1, FP2, FP3. Do you have to get an average of over 90% in your best 3 A2 modules and must this include either FP2 or FP3 or could it just be M2 M3 and M4 for example??
Original post by federer98
For the edexcel further maths A2 what is required for an A*. I am doing M2, M3, M4, S2, FP1, FP2, FP3. Do you have to get an average of over 90% in your best 3 A2 modules and must this include either FP2 or FP3 or could it just be M2 M3 and M4 for example??

The tables in the specification subtly imply that you do need FP2/3, but I’m pretty sure you don’t. I think M2/3/4 should be fine.

Original post by Jonooo123
Can just be M2, M3 and M4 I believe! I did M2 last year for AS further mathematics and got 96% does anyone know if this will definitely still go towards the A* or is it cashed in for the AS? (Not entirely sure how the system works) :tongue:

I think it’ll depend on whether your school cashed it in last year and, if they did, whether they’re planning on re-certificating this year.
Reply 188
Someone must have a copy of the paper. :curious:
Reply 189
Original post by ombtom
Terrible. I didn't get the final answer for Q1, and completely messed up half of Q4 and Q5. I might get a lot of method marks, but I won't know until I see the questions again.

Honestly, I don't think it was a particularly hard exam, I just wasn't awake. :redface:

i had precisely the same problem as you when i finished that exam i hope i can pick up some method marks. but there should have been a resisted motion question but oh well it's all done now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending