The Student Room Group

Im starting further maths!

Basically, i'm starting F.Maths and I was wondering if there are any good resources for C3,S2 and M1??
Original post by HotPotatoe
thanks, i'm hoping that now that my exams have finished, i can get a head start from everyone else :smile:

I presume you're doing AS this coming year then?

You should probably get at least C1 & 2 Covered before you move onto the FM units, imo.
Reply 4
Original post by 34908seikj
I presume you're doing AS this coming year then?

You should probably get at least C1 & 2 Covered before you move onto the FM units, imo.

oh no i've done C1 and C2 and S1. I'm basically going back and doing the other 3 modules, as originally i was doing Economics, Maths and Computer Science but I've dropped economics and going back to do further maths but since i've done 3 modules of further maths, i only need to do C3, S2 and M1 :smile:
oh no i've done C1 and C2 and S1. I'm basically going back and doing the other 3 modules, as originally i was doing Economics, Maths and Computer Science but I've dropped economics and going back to do further maths but since i've done 3 modules of further maths, i only need to do C3, S2 and M1 :smile:

I'm pretty sure you're missing a few modules. Or have you already done FP1, FP2...?
Reply 6
Original post by flyingpanda
I'm pretty sure you're missing a few modules. Or have you already done FP1, FP2...?

No i haven't, what are the modules in AS Further maths in total?
No i haven't, what are the modules in AS Further maths in total?

When I was doing AS Further Maths, for both Maths and FM at AS we did C1, C2, 3 applied units (M1, S1, D1) and FP1.
Reply 8
When I was doing AS Further Maths, for both Maths and FM at AS we did C1, C2, 3 applied units (M1, S1, D1) and FP1.

we don't do decision maths in my college. But i just assumed FP1 and FP2 were A2 topics :/
we don't do decision maths in my college. But i just assumed FP1 and FP2 were A2 topics :/

fp1 is AS
fp2 is A2

fp1 is really fun though
Loads of pure algebra-y stuff

For M1 just do every past paper ever

FP2 is, to my knowledge, but FP1 is AS.

Also, I've seen that you've missed out Core 4, which you'll need for Maths at A2
thanks, i'm hoping that now that my exams have finished, i can get a head start from everyone else :smile:

Right... to be honest, I would say enjoy at least half of your summer. There is no need to not take a break or even do light work. Start stuff later if you want but.. rest up too!
Reply 12
Original post by SeanFM
Right... to be honest, I would say enjoy at least half of your summer. There is no need to not take a break or even do light work. Start stuff later if you want but.. rest up too!

Well i'm going to Australia and Hong Kong so I think i'll relax there :smile: I just find it boring though, how i'm not studying, i just love studying LOL
Reply 13
I'm also learning a programming language for Computer Science next year!!!!
Well i'm going to Australia and Hong Kong so I think i'll relax there :smile: I just find it boring though, how i'm not studying, i just love studying LOL

Wow, nice, wel jel :tongue:

:rofl: that's the spirit, you'll get far in life.

How would you compare the decision units in terms of difficulty from the other FM units? I'm going to do them, they look really interesting and they seem pretty unique content wise.
Original post by 34908seikj
How would you compare the decision units in terms of difficulty from the other FM units? I'm going to do them, they look really interesting and they seem pretty unique content wise.

I found Decision really easy. I've not actually done an exam for it, as I dropped FM halfway through the year, but I found the concepts quite easy to grasp.

I've heard that in the exams, you either do really well, or really badly, as some of the exam style questions are very specific in what they want, or people get different algorithms mixed up.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest