The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR Religious Studies 2016 Thread

Scroll to see replies

That Philosophy exam was excellent! I felt it was easier than the past papers! Maybe I just learned the right evidence :biggrin:
Original post by Faizanasif
That Philosophy exam was excellent! I felt it was easier than the past papers! Maybe I just learned the right evidence :biggrin:

Seriously...why u gotta be so smart...I just kept making up bible quotes here and there....I just hope the examiners don't actually go and search thr quote up cuz I made it seem like it was a fact...cuz I out something in 1 Galatians 2:28 it says "(insert whatever I felt could've supported my opinion)".

Posted from TSR Mobile
To sum up the philosophy exam: "The world is not ours." 😂
Original post by mypetpikachu
Seriously...why u gotta be so smart...I just kept making up bible quotes here and there....I just hope the examiners don't actually go and search thr quote up cuz I made it seem like it was a fact...cuz I out something in 1 Galatians 2:28 it says "(insert whatever I felt could've supported my opinion)".

Posted from TSR Mobile

The examiners would be religious, so they'll know if someone is making it up or not. My teacher said if they think it is made up, they'll check in the Bible, so if you don't know, don't mention the exact place where it is from, and don't quote it. I used Genisis 1 and 2 as that isn't hard to use, but not for the other evidence I used as I didn't want to risk it
The examiners would be religious, so they'll know if someone is making it up or not. My teacher said if they think it is made up, they'll check in the Bible, so if you don't know, don't mention the exact place where it is from, and don't quote it. I used Genisis 1 and 2 as that isn't hard to use, but not for the other evidence I used as I didn't want to risk it

Lmao..well I've f***ed up....oh well...I think I only did that like three times...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 165
Mine went ****...I was too tired to write...I had to go to the toilets and put cold water on my eyes to wake my self up...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha wow! I can't quite believe how **** that was! Come on OCR, make the grade boundaries low for once!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kxjzh
Haha wow! I can't quite believe how **** that was! Come on OCR, make the grade boundaries low for once!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm..agreed....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kxjzh

Posted from TSR Mobile

I managed to write 13 pages in Phiosophy 1 and 2 :biggrin:
Reply 168
I managed to write 13 pages in Phiosophy 1 and 2 :biggrin:

That's insane! I wrote probably 7!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kxjzh
That's insane! I wrote probably 7!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah a lot of people wrote around 7 haha! I wrote so fast, wanted to get the most done as possible :smile:
Yeah a lot of people wrote around 7 haha! I wrote so fast, wanted to get the most done as possible :smile:

I wrote 9...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I needed extra paper, thought the philosophy exam was quite easy, and the e questions were very good giving me a basis for the input of various ideas and relate them with key philosophical arguments for both sides! Hopefully an A* how about you?
Original post by Rakstar
I needed extra paper, thought the philosophy exam was quite easy, and the e questions were very good giving me a basis for the input of various ideas and relate them with key philosophical arguments for both sides! Hopefully an A* how about you?

I thought it was just me! You can go on and on with the questions they asked, so much evidence to talk about! We really have been a lucky year with Philosophy and Ethics. I reckon I got an A in this one :smile:
I thought it was just me! You can go on and on with the questions they asked, so much evidence to talk about! We really have been a lucky year with Philosophy and Ethics. I reckon I got an A in this one :smile:

Nice one, I totally agree, I preferred the belief about deity questions, end of life, and for philosophy 2, good and evil and Religion and science.

A lot of evidences for reference, ye it has been a good year and Ethics was my favourite, even though I am usually keen on Philosophy. I hope you get your grade and I wish you the best of luck!:h:
Original post by Rakstar
Nice one, I totally agree, I preferred the belief about deity questions, end of life, and for philosophy 2, good and evil and Religion and science.

A lot of evidences for reference, ye it has been a good year and Ethics was my favourite, even though I am usually keen on Philosophy. I hope you get your grade and I wish you the best of luck!:h:

for the question b) saying how can christians show care for the environment, would you get two marks if you said by volunteering in charities and giving money to charities for conservation on wildlife such as Green peace?
Original post by emilia12113
for the question b) saying how can christians show care for the environment, would you get two marks if you said by volunteering in charities and giving money to charities for conservation on wildlife such as Green peace?

on the question saying. describe the relationship between scientific and religious theories, where we meant to write about the theories of early humanity ect. (big bang and genesis)

I would say you have definitely got 1 mark for the charity reference and Christians contributing to it. From looking at other mark schemes with the similar question you had to mention another point other than the topic of charity, such as not polluting the environment, through the appreciation of thanksgiving services.

But volunteering and donating are two different aspects you could potentially get 2 marks!:smile: Not 100% sure.
Original post by Rakstar
I would say you have definitely got 1 mark for the charity reference and Christians contributing to it. From looking at other mark schemes with the similar question you had to mention another point other than the topic of charity, such as not polluting the environment, through the appreciation of thanksgiving services.

But volunteering and donating are two different aspects you could potentially get 2 marks!:smile: Not 100% sure.

what did you write for 'how does the holy spirit influence christians'? i wrote through the pentacost and by guiding christian daily lives. thanks :smile:

also the question which said ' describe the relationship between scientific and religious theories' they didn't say of what bit i only spoke about the differences and similarities of both their theories on early humanity and evolutional. where we mean to talk about that in that question? :smile:
on the question saying. describe the relationship between scientific and religious theories, where we meant to write about the theories of early humanity ect. (big bang and genesis)

Yes, perfect that's the main thing that they wanted to look out for in the 6 marker question. Maybe more points of course, but that is the main aspect that examiners wanted to look out for. You could mention Phillipe Gosse, (fossils being a test from God), St Augustine, natural selection- Charles Darwin, the teleological argument- William Paley
Furthermore you could develop points with mentioning that science and religious theories can contradict for more literallist/ creationist christians based on their belief in the Genesis creation story, how organisms were created in a different order, but natural selection suggests organisms developed from simple life forms. However liberal christians would argue that they have more spiritual truths and shouldn't be taken literally, science can still support religion
what did you write for 'how does the holy spirit influence christians'? i wrote through the pentacost and by guiding christian daily lives. thanks :smile:

also the question which said ' describe the relationship between scientific and religious theories' they didn't say of what bit i only spoke about the differences and similarities of both their theories on early humanity and evolutional. where we mean to talk about that in that question? :smile:

If you want more answers either rep or follow, and I will create an unofficial mark scheme for you!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending