The Student Room Group

CCEA GCSE exams 2016 *official only CCEA thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Okdmd46
How did u get 17? The gradient was i creasing though for rates?

idk its just what i got lol i think i found RFM and then moles to be 0.1 and multiplied by 170 which was the RFM given... i thought the the gradient was getting less steep? idk
Original post by bar73
Anyone know where the May June 2014 further maths paper is? its not on ccea i think i used to be though

It's on the home page of the further maths microsite under the specimen papers.
It should be here:
http://www.rewardinglearning.org.uk/microsites/mathematics/further_gcse/support/
Original post by gabrielealek
idk its just what i got lol i think i found RFM and then moles to be 0.1 and multiplied by 170 which was the RFM given... i thought the the gradient was getting less steep? idk

What was the substance they asked us to find? Yea i found out i got rate trend wrong, i done as time increaes gas volume increases
Reply 883
How does everyone think they've done in the chemistry higher Unit ? Some of the questions were deadly especially that 9 marker!! I think i've got about 88% roughly...
Original post by rl15
image.jpg I can't get question 1😭

1466020856712-995189918.jpg
I hope that helps!
Original post by RJM1802
How does everyone think they've done in the chemistry higher Unit ? Some of the questions were deadly especially that 9 marker!! I think i've got about 88% roughly...

I had no idea what i was writing for the 9 marker. I got the 1st, 3rd and 4th bullet points fine (I think!) but I could not get the ionic equation for the 2nd bullet point! I hope I've done okay. I'm no good at Chemistry but I think it went fine. If i got 88% I would be over the moon!

I think the ratio was 2:1 so 1 mole was 0.05 of the other and then 0.05x170 =8.5? Not sure
Original post by Okdmd46
I think the ratio was 2:1 so 1 mole was 0.05 of the other and then 0.05x170 =8.5? Not sure

see i used the other mass they gave us of 14.35g and divided by 143.5 which was the RFM of the substance they asked which gave 0.1 moles and i thought the ratio for both was 1:1 as they both had 2 infront of them..
see i used the other mass they gave us of 14.35g and divided by 143.5 which was the RFM of the substance they asked which gave 0.1 moles and i thought the ratio for both was 1:1 as they both had 2 infront of them..

Why did u do that? I cant acc mind the masses and reactants they gave us
Original post by Okdmd46
Why did u do that? I cant acc mind the masses and reactants they gave us

im not sure i just used that mass they gave us because it didnt make sense for them to put in there in the second question and not use it lol i probably read it wrong
I have 7 exams left and absolutely no motivation for further maths tomorrow... not good!!
im not sure i just used that mass they gave us because it didnt make sense for them to put in there in the second question and not use it lol i probably read it wrong

Its funny bc i have asked two people of about equal intelligence and one said 8.5 the other said 17 lol so i duno, but what ever one of us has got it wrong will probs have only lost one mark as they usually apply follow through marking
Original post by Okdmd46
Its funny bc i have asked two people of about equal intelligence and one said 8.5 the other said 17 lol so i duno, but what ever one of us has got it wrong will probs have only lost one mark as they usually apply follow through marking

lol same happened to me when i asked, like you said only 1 mark
lol same happened to me when i asked, like you said only 1 mark

What u say for why carbon monoxide is dangerous?
Original post by Okdmd46
What u say for why carbon monoxide is dangerous?

that its toxic and hard to detect as it odourless and colourless + takes the place of oxygen and something else but cant remember
Reply 895
Original post by nmeechan
i literally made up a random equation for boiling of hard water like caco3 + h2o => ca(oh3)2 + co2 + h2 + 02

like i dont even think it balances

What was the question i dont remember doing this and im panicking
that its toxic and hard to detect as it odourless and colourless + takes the place of oxygen and something else but cant remember

Would this get me the two marks: carbon monoxide is colourless, odourless and toxic and can kill us by reacting with the red blood cells in our body? I ran outta space to continue lol but I hope that should be fine
Original post by bar73
What was the question i dont remember doing this and im panicking

An equation was not necessary as it didn't state and was qwc, but it's still accepted I'd say I didn't just to play safe, how hardness is removed by boiling: thermal decomposition to form insoluble or a precipitate of limestone
Original post by Okdmd46
Its funny bc i have asked two people of about equal intelligence and one said 8.5 the other said 17 so i dunno, but what ever one of us has got it wrong will probs have only lost one mark as they usually apply follow through marking

I thought I got this one right and I got 17, but overall I thought it was a tricky- but nice paper. Definitely separated those who revised from those who didn't. Dreading ad maths tomorrow- gonna hope its alright- only 3 left then!
Original post by Strudell
I thought I got this one right and I got 17, but overall I thought it was a tricky- but nice paper. Definitely separated those who revised from those who didn't. Dreading ad maths tomorrow- gonna hope its alright- only 3 left then!

Absolutely! So many new questions and if u didn't revise u were abs fckdd

Quick Reply

Latest