The Student Room Group

2016 AQA Chemistry C2 - Unofficial Mark Scheme 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by blueribbons99
**** I put 1-100nm has the mark gone:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

***1000 not 100

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did anyone else write about insulation on the beaker? Is this right or not? Since apparently it was measuring a decrease in the temperature, so it doesn't matter about insulation?
Original post by jackbarry1999
1b) use a digital thermometer ~ more accurate ~ no human error

I said use an thermometer attached to monitor and results can be shown on computer
Reply 323
Could you say to put a Lid on the beaker, to prevent heat loss? (QUESTION 1D)
Original post by SkyeAmber
Does anyone know how many marks it'll be for a C out of all 3 papers combined?

To get a C overall you need 240 UMS POINTS. So across the the 3 papers and Controlled Assessment you need a average of 60 UMS POINTS per unit. Hope this helps you a bit.
What was the half equation of chlorine??
Original post by jackbarry1999
No it's because it's more reactive

No it is less
Original post by Megthomass
No it is less

magnesiums more reactive than hydrogen so therefore it stays in the solution and hydrogen is formed at the negative electrode...
For the question where it said "why did the solution go cloudy?" The answer was sulfur was produced which is a precipitate - it came on jan 13. It cant have dissolved in water as precipitates are insoluble solids
Original post by Gbisu
Could you say to put a Lid on the beaker, to prevent heat loss? (QUESTION 1D)

That's what I wrote? It also prevents the solution from evaporating.
Original post by Federerr
That's what I wrote? It also prevents the solution from evaporating.

I put that too! You could've also said use styrofoam cup to reduce heat loss. It's the same type of question from 2015
Original post by mmgnaahk123
I put that too! You could've also said use styrofoam cup to reduce heat loss. It's the same type of question from 2015

I wrote that and crossed it out lool. I'm sure we'll get it right.

If the solution evaporates the the test will become unfair, leaving you with in accurate results. Therefore I'm sure what we wrote is correct.
Original post by Beyonce3716
What was the half equation of chlorine??

2Cl- -----> Cl2 + 2e-
Original post by Certified
Electrolysis -

Gas produced was hydrogen
Why : H+ ions are more reactive than Mg^2+

Last question:

Copper can can conduct electricity due to free delocalised electrons that carry a charge, they move about the giant lattice.

Thermosetting is the better option because it can withstand high temperatures unlike thermosoftening. It has cross links made up of strong covalent bonds. They do not melt at high temperatures - high melting and boiling point.

The reason for the electrolysis is because potassium is more reactive than hydrogen thus it displaces it and stays in solution with oxygen
Original post by Jamie Vardy
2Cl- -----> Cl2 + 2e-

Yes laddd! :wavey:
Yes laddd! :wavey:

Only 1 mark but a lot of people wouldn't have got that. And remember every mark matters due to the high grade boundaries.
Reply 336
lol for why did the solution go cloudy question it was the exact same experiment with same equation and same question on the jan 2013 paper
Original post by Jamie Vardy
Only 1 mark but a lot of people wouldn't have got that. And remember every mark matters due to the high grade boundaries.

If it wasn't an easy exam, I wouldn't of really cared. But ONE mark can break or make the A* so I really don't want to loose any marks! So wohoo! on me and you getting that question right :smile:
If it wasn't an easy exam, I wouldn't of really cared. But ONE mark can break or make the A* so I really don't want to loose any marks! So wohoo! on me and you getting that question right :smile:

Yeah. :smile: I made some stupid mistakes though like putting amount of sodium thiosulfate for the variables question rather than volume.
Original post by sanchita
The reason for the electrolysis is because potassium is more reactive than hydrogen thus it displaces it and stays in solution with oxygen

Was potassium even mentioned? I corrected my electrolysis answer multiple times ffs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending