The Student Room Group

First term rent before loan comes through.

Hey TSR,

My first terms rent come out on the 31st of August. £3000. I need to get £2000 temporarily for 12 days until my student loan comes through. Are there any student bank accounts that will give me an interest free overdraft of that amount? Or any alternative ways?

Thanks
Original post by Supremezzy
Hey TSR,

My first terms rent come out on the 31st of August. £3000. I need to get £2000 temporarily for 12 days until my student loan comes through. Are there any student bank accounts that will give me an interest free overdraft of that amount? Or any alternative ways?

Thanks

2 months full time work at minimum wage would eat into that substantially
Well at least you have until 31 August mine is 20 June however I only need to pay 1200. I've chatted to my mum and we will pay it, might have to call the property company as I wanna use the maximum amount of my overdraft and pay the remainder. Good thing I haven't set up the standing order yet as its 20 quid to change it
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
2 months full time work at minimum wage would eat into that substantially

Back home for the summer and it's been a competitive struggle getting a job unfortunately.
Though I do have an interview in a few days so fingers crossed. It would still be very tight to reach that £2000 target though so I would probably still need some temporary funds to accommodate the costs for 12 days

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending