The Student Room Group

Citizenship A2

I was wondering if anyone else here is studying A2 Citizenship? How are you revising and what are your predictions for the topics that may come up.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Reply 2
I feel like there's going to be more emphasis on the Crown Prosecution Services/ Magistrates Court and then for section B, I think there's going to be emphasis on the EU referendum and how much power politicians have.

What do you think? :smile:
Original post by charisbee
I feel like there's going to be more emphasis on the Crown Prosecution Services/ Magistrates Court and then for section B, I think there's going to be emphasis on the EU referendum and how much power politicians have.

Yes!

I had the exact same thing in mind. It tends to be related to relevant things, and the EU referendum is a big deal. My teacher also suggested that accountability and the power of politicians may come up too.

Il make sure to double revise CPS wasn't too sure about that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh one more thing!

My teacher suggested that there would be a high chance that crime in relation to gender, age, social class and locality may appear!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by FireflyGirl96
Oh one more thing!

My teacher suggested that there would be a high chance that crime in relation to gender, age, social class and locality may appear!

Posted from TSR Mobile

How people feeling for cist4?
Reply 6
I think there's going to be more focus on the European court of justice. I'm really not sure though!

What case studies of human rights issues have people looked at? :smile:
I think there's going to be more focus on the European court of justice. I'm really not sure though!

What case studies of human rights issues have people looked at? :smile:

I looked at this 'Gay Cake Case' where an Irish bakery refused to bake a cake in support of gay marriage because it went against their catholic beliefs. 😩

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yasdyxo
How people feeling for cist4?

Revising like mad. 👌🏻

I found CIT3 really good though! What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by FireflyGirl96
Revising like mad. 👌🏻

I found CIT3 really good though! What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I knew an MP question would come up on the politics side and it was nice paired with how citizens voices can be heard.
I hate the criminal stuff though

Not sure i put in enough case studies, i always time myself badly on the citizenship papers... end up writing too much haha
Original post by Yasdyxo
I knew an MP question would come up on the politics side and it was nice paired with how citizens voices can be heard.
I hate the criminal stuff though

Not sure i put in enough case studies, i always time myself badly on the citizenship papers... end up writing too much haha

I actually did the questions relating to judge and jury's. I found them dead easy!! Not only did I read a law book on them, but I'd freshly revised the advantages and disadvantages.

And then the advantages and disadvantages for EU was one I'd predicted and so did a lot of research on, I was able to even include quotes from David Cameron and many other notable people. The only question that stumped be a bit was Uk's influence on NATO, did my best but I'm still okay with losing marks there because I'm 99% sure I did really well on the first three Qs ... Hopefully!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Definitely think case studies need to be stepped up in CIT4! ☝🏼️

I got so carried away with the first section of CIT3, by the time I got to question 4 I was quite pushed for time. 😖
Definitely think case studies need to be stepped up in CIT4! ☝🏼️

I got so carried away with the first section of CIT3, by the time I got to question 4 I was quite pushed for time. 😖

I actually did the 25 markers first!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any last minute predictions for tomorrow? 😖😖
Any last minute predictions for tomorrow? 😖😖

Iv heavily revised for human rights, how they're protected and how they've changed over time and how we can protect them. I pray that comes up. 😩

I can't sleep and I have the worst headache. I need luck on my side tmrw! 😩😩

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest