The Student Room Group

year 10 GCSE predicted grade

So if I get a B in science in the year 10 mock exam, my predicted grade would be an A, right?
If yes, does it apply for all the subjects.
uhm no
Reply 2
Original post by MRZ_2001
So if I get a B in science in the year 10 mock exam, my predicted grade would be an A, right?

It's literally what the teacher thinks you'll get if you carry on with the way you're working - they'll look at your progress throughout the year.
If you just about got a B, they may predict you a B. However, if you were close to an A or you've been doing well in class they can then predict you a higher grade.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If progress is the same it is likely to be a B in year 11. You will find mocks are really easy compared to final examinations.

Posted from TSR Mobile
depends on your year 11 mocks.
But yeah, I agree with the above. I found all of the mock exams so much easier than the exams I have just sat :redface:
Reply 5
It's a case by case scenario.
It is not always a grade up or the same grade because it depends on the teacher's opinions on you of your performance.
Original post by surina16
depends on your year 11 mocks.
But yeah, I agree with the above. I found all of the mock exams so much easier than the exams I have just sat :redface:

Weird.I found my real exams way easier for 95% than mocks.
Original post by Blancosdos
Weird.I found my real exams way easier for 95% than mocks.

I found with mocks revision was really easy, the teachers marked very generously so they could meet targets, and you're under much less pressure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by scphmapd
I found with mocks revision was really easy, the teachers marked very generously so they could meet targets, and you're under much less pressure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess its because i revised more during real exams.Plus IMO,2016 exams so far were easier than 2015(Maths,Chemistry ,Physics) etc.

Depends, did the mock exam include content you haven't covered yet? Because if so you'll probably get higher than a B in the real thing :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest