The Student Room Group

OCR A2 Biology F214/F215 Resources Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by katiemckkk
I didn't get the idea that it was increasing, the mark scheme said that it was increasing but my point was the data shows it is decreasing... :smile:

Ohhh okay, I haven't looked at the MS yet haha :smile: Apologies.
Original post by Don Pedro K.
Ohhh okay, I haven't looked at the MS yet haha :smile: Apologies.

Haha no problem it did make me doubt my ability to count for a while! :colondollar:
Original post by katiemckkk
Haha no problem it did make me doubt my ability to count for a while! :colondollar:

The rate is increasing with increasing light intensity and the time taken for the discs to rise is decreasing - they are inversely proportional!
Original post by kingaaran
The rate is increasing with increasing light intensity and the time taken for the discs to rise is decreasing - they are inversely proportional!

Oh does the mark scheme show rate?? Then it makes sense that it increases with increasing light intensity!

Btw, random question but is chemiosmosis a separate process from oxidative phosphorylation or is it part of oxidative phosphorylation?
@kingaaran For 1b of the photosynthesis questions, the MS states how the protons are used for chemiosmosis etc. but could you also have mentioned the fact that they reduce NADP into NADPH (along with electrons from PSI) here?
@kingaaran For question 1d, I don't think saying that the protons are actively pumped into the thylakoid space is correct, because if you look in the textbook on page 91, the Examiner tip says "always refer to protons being pumped into the intermembrane space. Don't say that they are actively transported as this implies that ATP is used and, in this case, the energy is from the electron flow, not from ATP."
@kingaaran For question 1d, I don't think saying that the protons are actively pumped into the thylakoid space is correct, because if you look in the textbook on page 91, the Examiner tip says "always refer to protons being pumped into the intermembrane space. Don't say that they are actively transported as this implies that ATP is used and, in this case, the energy is from the electron flow, not from ATP."

No - active refers to the fact that energy is used - energy is used to pump the protons, hence it is an active process.
@kingaaran For 1b of the photosynthesis questions, the MS states how the protons are used for chemiosmosis etc. but could you also have mentioned the fact that they reduce NADP into NADPH (along with electrons from PSI) here?

Not really because photolysis happens on the other side of the membrane to which NADP is being reduced!
Oh does the mark scheme show rate?? Then it makes sense that it increases with increasing light intensity!

Btw, random question but is chemiosmosis a separate process from oxidative phosphorylation or is it part of oxidative phosphorylation?

They are separate
Not really because photolysis happens on the other side of the membrane to which NADP is being reduced!

Whilst that is true, those H+ ions are available to combine with e- from PSI and reduce NADP to NADPH as @Don Pedro K. said after passing through ATP synthase, no?
Original post by Funky_Giraffe
Whilst that is true, those H+ ions are available to combine with e- from PSI and reduce NADP to NADPH as @Don Pedro K. said after passing through ATP synthase, no?

Very fair point - you should get the mark then :smile: sorrrieeees
Can you do a set of questions on plant responses and sex linkage/linked genes/epistasis?
Hello! These were rly great! Would you be dong it for F215 as well??
Original post by Aliceeee12
Hello! These were rly great! Would you be dong it for F215 as well??

Yeah - but only a few topics

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thankyou so much! Ive been searching all over for your quotes on the other page :biggrin:
Reply 75
What is the difference between genetic variety and genetic variation if any?
Thanks
I find gene technologt to be quite difficult because i dint really understand why we do certain things for example
Why do we break dna into fragnents before sequencing

How do we know where the gene of interest is when we use gel electrophoresis and how do we obtain the GOI?

I would really appreciate any responses:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Questions on the brain/muscles/sliding filament model uploaded
Questions on all of Module 3/Ecology have been added - it's a big 20 page booklet consisting of 139 marks. Hope it's helpful.

I won't be writing anymore questions before the exam now, but I hope they have been useful to you all in getting you the grades you want :smile:
Reply 79
Questions on all of Module 3/Ecology have been added - it's a big 20 page booklet consisting of 139 marks. Hope it's helpful.

I won't be writing anymore questions before the exam now, but I hope they have been useful to you all in getting you the grades you want :smile:

Thanks so much for your resources this year! They've been super helpful!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending