The Student Room Group

AQA Chemistry C3 - Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nisha.sri
@starstudent7 got 2 thousand ish too... 😯

oh, maybe I'm wrong then lol :redface:
Reply 401
Original post by Youngey4
I sat the same paper but got a different question. One of the bonds formed was a triple bond between a carbon atom and an oxygen atom. And I got 212J for that question.

oh right! can you remember the question, or just the word equation?
I got 3444 for the specific hear capacity one
What is 54/60?
Original post by Oblivion99
What is 54/60?

a solid A*
What is a ISA score of 44, C1: 45 C2:50 and C3:25 going to be?!!!! Anyone please help any predictions will do!! I need an A
I reckon 53 and over for a* for every science.
Original post by Roquebrune2014
So did I is -1276 wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know because it said on the next questioas an exothermic reaction but exothermic reactions are positive and so i am not too sure what the answer is
Reply 408
Original post by jessgibson
I don't know because it said on the next questioas an exothermic reaction but exothermic reactions are positive and so i am not too sure what the answer is

Exothermic reactions are negative

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure exothermic is negative
Original post by z1820
Exothermic reactions are negative

Posted from TSR Mobile

u sure because my teacher told me they were positive 5 mins before the exam
I did well on C1, C2 and my controlled assessment but C3 went pretty badly for me. Is it still possible to get an A* if one of the three exams wasn't as good as the others?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 412

Exothermic are always negative because they're releasing/losing heat energy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Oblivion99
I reckon 53 and over for a* for every science.

No, i think around 48 will be

exothermic reactions give out energy to the surroundings, so the energy in the surroundings increases but the energy of the products/chemicals/whatever actually decreases :smile:

Exothermic reactions release energy. So, the overall energy change is negative - because it loses energy to its surroundings.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mahrez
51 a*

No way it's Chem 3 the boundaries for A* are always lower than Chem 1 and 2
For the question where it said why air can't be allowed in the reactor I put that the oxygen reacts with the substances in the reactor and so would cause an explosion...Is this right?
I did further additional Chemistry unit 3, what was the question on specific heat capacity? For the bond energy one i got +212? Was this the same paper?!
Reply 419
When I've seen past papers is normal my has (-)x so I don't think you will lose a mark... unless your answer is wrong

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending