The Student Room Group

Who's doing GCSE Further maths?

Scroll to see replies

Finally, at least there is a thread that is dedicated to Further Maths GCSE. I am also doing it aiming for an A*^ distinction, its definitely going to be a challenge. Everyone here must feel more pressure than the GCSE maths exam which was Ace. I am hoping the further maths questions mainly include Calculus, and matrices. In my opinion they seem more straight forward and need less thought than some of the algebra and geometry. I hope everyone does well, and I'm so glad, lmao that there are low grade boundaries. :smile:
My further maths teacher didn't teach the course properly and rushed the topics, therefore had to self- teach it and I think that took the most revision time out of all my gcse's.:s-smilie:
Original post by Rakstar
Finally, at least there is a thread that is dedicated to Further Maths GCSE. I am also doing it aiming for an A*^ distinction, its definitely going to be a challenge. Everyone here must feel more pressure than the GCSE maths exam which was Ace. I am hoping the further maths questions mainly include Calculus, and matrices. In my opinion they seem more straight forward and need less thought than some of the algebra and geometry. I hope everyone does well, and I'm so glad, lmao that there are low grade boundaries. :smile:
My further maths teacher didn't teach the course properly and rushed the topics, therefore had to self- teach it and I think that took the most revision time out of all my gcse's.:s-smilie:

That sucks dude. Our maths teacher has been super good in both GCSE Maths and GCSE Further. I'm not aiming for an A^ just an A* (since that is what I need for Further Maths A-level).
I think this thread will be perfect for helping others with further maths and all.
In fact, **** it, here's an entire pack of Further Maths resources I have on my USB. (Uploading it to my server downstairs since I cannot upload rar files on this website for some reason).
http://tbcnc.co.uk/Further%20Maths%201.rar
I'm new to this and I need to learn a lot of the topics. Other than past papers, are there any resources I can use to teach me these topics? Any you'd recommend? Cheers

Original post by Quido
I did it last year and got an A* so if anyone needs any help feel free to ask.
Original post by JamesHare
I'm new to this and I need to learn a lot of the topics. Other than past papers, are there any resources I can use to teach me these topics? Any you'd recommend? Cheers

Mr Barton's maths..,

Posted from TSR Mobile
i got a^ last year nearly full marks if anyone needs any help just rep me so i can DM you
Original post by CharlesJH
That sucks dude. Our maths teacher has been super good in both GCSE Maths and GCSE Further. I'm not aiming for an A^ just an A* (since that is what I need for Further Maths A-level).
I think this thread will be perfect for helping others with further maths and all.
In fact, **** it, here's an entire pack of Further Maths resources I have on my USB. (Uploading it to my server downstairs since I cannot upload rar files on this website for some reason).

Nice thanx, if i was you, your school or yourself should create an account on integral maths and all further maths topics can be covererd through video tutorials, written tutorials, activities and tests. Additionally has past papers which have really helped, those looking for A*^ but didn't have a good teacher or do not want a teacher should use this lol.:h:
Original post by Rakstar
Nice thanx, if i was you, your school or yourself should create an account on integral maths and all further maths topics can be covererd through video tutorials, written tutorials, activities and tests. Additionally has past papers which have really helped, those looking for A*^ but didn't have a good teacher or do not want a teacher should use this lol.:h:

Integral Maths sounds pretty sweet, how do you register?
Integral Maths sounds pretty sweet, how do you register?

Ah, well about that you must have a few hundred pounds in your pocket to subscribe! Sorry for the inconvenience, feel bad! Ye either your teacher pays for the programme or yourself fill out a submission form to generate an account.

I have just realise that teachers in my school have actually paid for this, no wonder it's high quality, but if you have the time and money please check it out.

They should however have free packages and tutorial/walkthrough over some of the more harder topics which may benefit you. Alright thanks for your interest:smile:
Original post by Rakstar
Ah, well about that you must have a few hundred pounds in your pocket to subscribe! Sorry for the inconvenience, feel bad! Ye either your teacher pays for the programme or yourself fill out a submission form to generate an account.

I have just realise that teachers in my school have actually paid for this, no wonder it's high quality, but if you have the time and money please check it out.

They should however have free packages and tutorial/walkthrough over some of the more harder topics which may benefit you. Alright thanks for your interest:smile:

Damn that sucks, I have no money. I'll be sure to find some other resources though if any good ones are listed in this thread. Thanks though.
Damn that sucks, I have no money. I'll be sure to find some other resources though if any good ones are listed in this thread. Thanks though.

No problem, mate. Best of wishes to your Further Maths GCSE exam, i'm sure your hard work will pay off!:h:
I also do further maths!
Only revised a little bit, not much.

same, omg, we need to get a move on.
Reply 31
Ive done no revision at all for it yet, should i be worried? Is it really as hard as people say it is, especially if the grade boundaries are pretty low.
Original post by penelopecrux
same, omg, we need to get a move on.

Definitely......
Just one more youtube video, then I will revise.
Original post by Obnox
Ive done no revision at all for it yet, should i be worried? Is it really as hard as people say it is, especially if the grade boundaries are pretty low.

It depends on who you are. I don't revise much for exams and will usually cram it within a week, but still come out alright. Further Maths I wish I could have spent more time on but have had trouble managing all the exams.

It is a step up from GCSE Maths definitely, but as long as you cover the topics and even if you score 50% in both papers you can still get an A (I think, don't trust me on that I can't remember grade boundaries off the top of my head).
I would start revising ASAP though just for insurance.
Reply 34
It depends on who you are. I don't revise much for exams and will usually cram it within a week, but still come out alright. Further Maths I wish I could have spent more time on but have had trouble managing all the exams.

It is a step up from GCSE Maths definitely, but as long as you cover the topics and even if you score 50% in both papers you can still get an A (I think, don't trust me on that I can't remember grade boundaries off the top of my head).
I would start revising ASAP though just for insurance.

Yeah, I prefer cramming last minute as well but after my maths exam tomorrow i can start to revise over the weekend, so I can spread out revision more and just focus on FM which is a nice change.
Original post by Obnox
Yeah, I prefer cramming last minute as well but after my maths exam tomorrow i can start to revise over the weekend, so I can spread out revision more and just focus on FM which is a nice change.

Yeah that will be good.
GLHF
does any have a topic list for what will be in the non calc paper becuase im planning to just revise that material for monday and then calculator topics from after the non calc paper to friday?
Reply 37
Yeah that will be good.
GLHF

You too :smile:
Definitely......
Just one more youtube video, then I will revise.

Haha, you're me. But the thing is i have geography this friday as well so idk i have less time to revise which is gonna be a pain in the bum
Reply 39
Original post by Rakstar

GCSE Further maths is easier than normal maths, i think, since we don't have to do all that rubbish of converting and written communication. We simply solve. Easy

Quick Reply

Latest