The Student Room Group

Who's doing GCSE Further maths?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by penelopecrux
Haha, you're me. But the thing is i have geography this friday as well so idk i have less time to revise which is gonna be a pain in the bum

I've got Additional Science and Geography on Friday.
Thankfully however, Geography is a DME which you do not revise for.
Reply 41
assuming everyone is doing the aqa fm paper, last year it was 46% overall for an a, 64% for an a* and 80% for an a^. a c is literally like 40/175 altogether so i think we can all get that at least haha. i really would like to get an a* but considering i havent done much for the exam id be content with just an a.
Original post by CharlesJH
I've got Additional Science and Geography on Friday.
Thankfully however, Geography is a DME which you do not revise for.

Wait whats a DME and what exam board?? And how did u find todays c2 and c3 if u do aqa?? :smile:
Reply 44
Unfortunately:bawling:
I'm doing it! I actually really like further maths - I hope we get a paper like last year's as it was amazing! :biggrin:
Wait whats a DME and what exam board?? And how did u find todays c2 and c3 if u do aqa?? :smile:

Went terrible...

Posted from TSR Mobile

DME is the third paper in Geography with Edexcel. It's a decision making exercise. You basically read some statistics on a situation within a country, answer a few questions on these statistics and make a decision of what should be done with said situation. This is whether this situation is an economic one, social one or environmental.
tl;dr it's really ****ing boring and is pretty much an unseen exam.

Also I don't do AQA.
Sorry.
DME is the third paper in Geography with Edexcel. It's a decision making exercise. You basically read some statistics on a situation within a country, answer a few questions on these statistics and make a decision of what should be done with said situation. This is whether this situation is an economic one, social one or environmental.
tl;dr it's really ****ing boring and is pretty much an unseen exam.

Also I don't do AQA.
Sorry.

Ooh i do edexcel too, but u obviously have to know facts like settlement and butlers model kind of crap right?
Original post by mypetpikachu
Went terrible...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh cmonn it wasnt all that bad!! I loved it. It was fluorine right? :biggrin:
Ooh i do edexcel too, but u obviously have to know facts like settlement and butlers model kind of crap right?

DME is not really based on any content.
It may include keywords from Unit 1 and Unit 2, which I will probably remember anyway.
I think you're confusing this with the Unit 2 exam.

I don't actually remember much of the paper...but I know the whole thing went terrible..although c2 was better than c3

Posted from TSR Mobile
DME is not really based on any content.
It may include keywords from Unit 1 and Unit 2, which I will probably remember anyway.
I think you're confusing this with the Unit 2 exam.

Idk tbh i hate geography :/ but omg how did u find unit 1 mapskills? I found it disgusting id be lucky enough to get a D
Original post by mypetpikachu
I don't actually remember much of the paper...but I know the whole thing went terrible..although c2 was better than c3

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nahhh i didnt like c2 that much. Ive always found the 3s appealing :smile:
Idk tbh i hate geography :/ but omg how did u find unit 1 mapskills? I found it disgusting id be lucky enough to get a D

Wait a second, you do Geography B and not Geography A, right?
I do Geography B, you sound like you do Geography A.
Wait a second, you do Geography B and not Geography A, right?
I do Geography B, you sound like you do Geography A.

Oh yeah i do do geography A, whats the difference??
Oh yeah i do do geography A, whats the difference??

I'll PM you so we do not keep adding to this thread talking about geography on a maths thread.

I thought it was Rubidium??
Reply 58
Classical Civilisation today, Physics tomorrow and Further Maths next Monday and Friday. Then no more GCSE exams after the 24th. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PrinceKian
I thought it was Rubidium??

You see, i wrote that at first but then I thought about it, i thought that fluorine is a gas at room temp but for rubidium u need to put that extra energy and boil it

Quick Reply

Latest