The Student Room Group

STEP Prep Thread 2016 (Mark. II)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1520
Original post by morgansmith
What grade do you think this will be? Sorry didn't complete as many as these people ahahab

13, 12, 4, 13/14, 4. That totals ~45-ish. Which could swing to either a 2 or a 3, not sure.
Gud luck guys.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ComputerMaths97
My benefit is that I'll never take STEP again.

And I'll never underestimate the difficulty of an exam.

I'll never underestimate an exam aswell.

I might see you at UCL.

-Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.

This year I was defeated by STEP. Next year I will defeat it.

My aim will be SSS.

If I don't get that.... I'm free to suggestions.(wont be emptying my bank account though)
Original post by TheWiseMan
I'll never underestimate an exam aswell.

I might see you at UCL.

-Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.

This year I was defeated by STEP. Next year I will defeat it.

My aim will be SSS.

If I don't get that.... I'm free to suggestions.(wont be emptying my bank account though)

Do you know if I can take STEP in my gap year and it still be viable?
Good luck lads, may the answers feel as trivial as a c1 paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you guys reckon 60 will be enough for a 2?
Lol not really, I'm doing it in a big hall which seems pretty intimidating.. And I will definitely be distracted by people leaving after finishing their one-hour-and-half exams.
😂Plus, three hours is not enough for me to finish the paper...
Good luck for all taking STEP II! I'm sure you'll all be great. Remember: no talking about the exam until 24 hours has passed from the start of the exam (ie 9:00 UK time on Friday).
Hope so. From the reports in the past few years, 60 seems to be the boudary for Grade 2. But it really depends on the paper.
Original post by RandomNickname
Do you guys reckon 60 will be enough for a 2?
Good luck guys!
Good luck lads/ladies

Time to smash

Remember it's just an exam, life's too short to panic about it :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1532
Good luck everyone!

Remember that discussion isn't allowed till 24 hours. This includes anything about the exam whatsoever. If people do start discussing it, we'll need to close the thread temporarily. So be a lad and don't discuss!

Cheers. :biggrin:
Original post by Zacken
Good luck everyone!

Remember that discussion isn't allowed till 24 hours. This includes anything about the exam whatsoever. If people do start discussing it, we'll need to close the thread temporarily. So be a lad and don't discuss!

Cheers. :biggrin:

Or lass... :wink:
Could someone give me an estimate of what I would get if I did these problems? Thank you so much!
Q1: I did all of part (i) proving that pn=qn for n=1,2,3 and disproving for n=4. For part(ii) I factored out correctly for part (a) and part(b) but couldn't get them to two linear factors (so I got that n =1 and n=3 for each case)
Q2: I got the differentiation correct (pretty sure) and got the first integral, started integral 2 and 3 but got stuck at the same part for both ( I didn't realize I could set the constants whatever way I wanted..)
Q3: I'm pretty sure I got the first,third, and last graph correct - may have messed up a little bit on the sin[x] graph - not too sure cause I did put sin(-4) as positive
Q4: Did the differentiation correct
Q5: Proved 1/sqrt(b) = 1/sqrt(a) + 1/sqrt(c); the rest, I started, but didn't get it to the end
Q7: Think I got it most correct - some proofs were different from the one written on the Solution thread, but I think it justifies, the last part about T-primes may have been a bit wordy and I think my answer was incorrect for the S-prime (very last answer asking for an example)
Q12: I got all of it - didn't put down that the answer is always 1/2; I just said 1/2*p1 + p2 for each case

What do you guys think I would have gotten?
Thanks!
I don't want to go on the solutions thread for STEP I (F for fear) but can someone tell me the expected boundaries for a grade 1 2 and 3?(don't care about S)
Good luck everyone
Quick question hopefully someone can answer integrating and changing limits say to x=1/u can you assume 1/0 =infinity ? And also can you say arctan of infinity = pi/2?
Original post by KingRS
Quick question hopefully someone can answer integrating and changing limits say to x=1/u can you assume 1/0 =infinity ? And also can you say arctan of infinity = pi/2?

This tends to work out, in my experience.
Original post by KingRS

Yeh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending