The Student Room Group

2016 AQA Chemistry C2 - Unofficial Mark Scheme 2016

Scroll to see replies

In experiment 2, Hydrogen was produced at the negative electrode because it's less reactive tham Magnesium
What did everyone put for the what salt does ammonia and that acid (can't remember which) produce question??
Original post by katie_n19
What did everyone put for the what salt does ammonia and that acid (can't remember which) produce question??

Ammonium chloride
For the 6 marker would they accept 180g of ammonia??
Original post by Wahubali1234

The examiner will have a set range of which to accept marks for the value. E.g. 200kg - 300kg. If you dont get a mark for stating the correct value (in your case putting 180kg) then you will still receive marks for arguing your point and comparing the graphs. You might be restricted to a maximum of 4 instead of getting the full six but you can certainly still achieve a good mark for the question.
Was the tick box about the neutralisation reaction the first, second, third, fourth or fifth box because i cant remember which one was which. can anybody remember???
Reply 346
Original post by mhadi288
Was the tick box about the neutralisation reaction the first, second, third, fourth or fifth box because i cant remember which one was which. can anybody remember???

It was the first one, H+ and OH- ---> H20
Original post by Yj7__
It was the first one, H+ and OH- ---> H20

Phew. Thanks
Original post by Moustafa123r
For the 6ix marks i put 190 kg do i still get marks for it

You should do it's in the range from 200 to 300 but i think you're just out. Sorry. :frown:
Original post by dee08
I wrote this as well. I wasn't sure if it was right but a few people on here have done the same and they say it is a correct answer

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've acc seen that answer in 2 past papers, so it's all good
Original post by Wahubali1234

I'm pretty sure 180kg will be in the range, I was almost going to write that. I'm guessing the range will be 160-310 or something
It was 200kg right coz it gave the best yield, most profit and least went into rivers and lakes??
Original post by Federerr
That's what I wrote? It also prevents the solution from evaporating.

Omg i wrote that
Original post by jackbarry1999
magnesiums more reactive than hydrogen so therefore it stays in the solution and hydrogen is formed at the negative electrode...

Ah yeah sorry i did vice versa saying hydrogen is less reactive
[QUOTE="wolf_promise;65818101"]does it count if I wrote nitrogen chloride instead of ammonium chloride? 😩[/QUOTE
Obviously not
Predicted grade boundaries?
Original post by 11masanda002
Predicted grade boundaries?

20/21 for a C
30/31 for a B
40/41 for an A
50/51 for an A*
Original post by jackbarry1999
No it's because it's more reactive

I'm afraid you are incorrect, magnesium is more reactive than hydrogen so hydrogen forms at the cathode. Most people I know supported this conclusion with the chemistry data sheet; using the reactivity scale. Don't worry about it though it was only 1 mark:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 358
If I didn't name the correct precipitate but I said a precipitate is formed which is insoluble so light can't get through and the solution gets cloudy, can I still get the marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
damn I failed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending