The Student Room Group

Decided to leave Islam after Orlando attack. AMA.

I've chosen to leave the Islamic faith following the attack on the gay club 4 days ago.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
cool story bro
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I've chosen to leave the Islamic faith following the attack on the gay club 4 days ago.

Why?
sound, its your life, do what you want
Are you gay?
Reply 5
Are you gay?

No, my brother is.

I don't want to be part of a religion which condones killing people like my brother for who they are.
Reply 6
Original post by Jayce.x
Why?

I don't want to be part of a religion that condones the killing of homosexuals.
your life, your choice
Well done on your sensible decision.
Reply 9
wasnt the killer gay himself lol

werent the killings due to his hatred of self?... he was found to have multiple homosexual relationships, an avid drinker, have multiple gay dating apps, he murdered those people in the night club as he was a regular there and loather the happiness of others.

if you leave islam, you leave it because of a decision made by yourself, uninfluenced by another persons actions, that's just pathetic

the religion has rules yes, bu the guy didnt do it for religion, he pledged alligence to 3 rival terrorist groups when he called 911.

do you really think all muslims around the world have rejoiced and are partying? no, the media doesn't show this but countless muslims have gone to remember those who died in orlando. if you look carefully you will spot them

but your opinion i cant force you to stay although tdo think about it and read into islam and homosexuality first

i condemned this attack and thought it was absolutely horrific, its one of the scariest things for me to think about
took you long enough, OP.
No, my brother is.

I don't want to be part of a religion which condones killing people like my brother for who they are.

What makes you think that Islam condones it?
(edited 7 years ago)
Good for you. I left because of the Qur'an itself :P
Reply 14

Are you not following any religion now? I don't think there's a religion that supports the LGBTQ+ community.

You do know that Omar Mateen is probably in hell, right? Taking someone's life isn't allowed either!
Original post by Droneon
What makes you think that Islam condones it?

Well the Quran wishes death on homosexuals.
Original post by TrojanH
wasnt the killer gay himself lol

werent the killings due to his hatred of self?... he was found to have multiple homosexual relationships, an avid drinker, have multiple gay dating apps, he murdered those people in the night club as he was a regular there and loather the happiness of others.

if you leave islam, you leave it because of a decision made by yourself, uninfluenced by another persons actions, that's just pathetic

Exactly spot on trojan the guy who was a "muslim" wasnt even practicing or religious yet they as in the media and people like OP insist he was a devout muslim doing it the name of Islam which is hilarious.

Okay, now that is truly hilarious. I don't know where you got that from, but if you say so, tell me where?

Hahahah no it doest.... Find me where in the Quran it says that
Well done OP.

What would your family think of it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending