The Student Room Group

2016 AQA Chemistry C2 - Unofficial Mark Scheme 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Latina56
I'm afraid you are incorrect, magnesium is more reactive than hydrogen so hydrogen forms at the cathode. Most people I know supported this conclusion with the chemistry data sheet; using the reactivity scale. Don't worry about it though it was only 1 mark:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was 1 mark for saying hydrogen and another for saying why. So 2 in total
Reply 361
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mmgnaahk123
20/21 for a C
30/31 for a B
40/41 for an A
50/51 for an A*

There's no chance an A will be 40/41, more like 45/46 - your predictions were the actual boundaries for 2015 C2. An A* will be 53. It's all about UMS anyway, not just how well a person did on a particular paper; a couple of raw marks off an A would be like 75-79 (UMS) marks.
Are nanoparticles smaller or bigger than atoms???
Original post by Beyonce3716
Are nanoparticles smaller or bigger than atoms???

Bigger, they often consist of a few hundred atoms( as stated in the specification) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 365
Bigger, they often consist of a few hundred atoms( as stated in the specification) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

How many marks was that question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 366
Original post by Harrietbfc
It was 200kg right coz it gave the best yield, most profit and least went into rivers and lakes??

But didn't the line for yield start to level off after 190, I'd, I put 190 but I'm not sure

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dee08
How many marks was that question

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pretty sure it was only 1 mark:smile: ( I may be wrong but I don't understand how you could get 2 from it)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 368
Original post by ivy_entoile
I'm pretty sure 180kg will be in the range, I was almost going to write that. I'm guessing the range will be 160-310 or something

Hope so, I put 190

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 369
Pretty sure it was only 1 mark:smile: ( I may be wrong but I don't understand how you could get 2 from it)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, thanks. I hope so. I lost so many marks on the easy one and two markers :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 370
Original post by Jamie Vardy
There's no chance an A will be 40/41, more like 45/46 - your predictions were the actual boundaries for 2015 C2. An A* will be 53. It's all about UMS anyway, not just how well a person did on a particular paper; a couple of raw marks off an A would be like 75-79 (UMS) marks.

Do you think if I got an a on this paper but a stars on the others I could still get an a star overall

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dee08
But didn't the line for yield start to level off after 190, I'd, I put 190 but I'm not sure

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I put 180 because on every graph that was the reading that was the highest before any graph levelled off. Surely thats right?
Reply 372
Original post by Dr Carlsberg
Yeah, I put 180 because on every graph that was the reading that was the highest before any graph levelled off. Surely thats right?

Yh, I was worried because most people were saying it had to be between 200 and 300
Original post by mhadi288
Was the tick box about the neutralisation reaction the first, second, third, fourth or fifth box because i cant remember which one was which. can anybody remember???

It was first as long as u put oh-+h equals h20 then ur fine
Hey ,
For the question for why did the mixture go cloudy ?
- I said that an insoluble solid was formed in the reaction which turned it cloudy ( I also named it but I forgot the name of it now ) , this is the right answer for two marks
BUT
I also put that a gas is formed which turns it cloudy.
Does this matter? Or would they ignore the wrong answer and just mark the right answer ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by loshaw20
Hey ,
For the question for why did the mixture go cloudy ?
- I said that an insoluble solid was formed in the reaction which turned it cloudy ( I also named it but I forgot the name of it now ) , this is the right answer for two marks
BUT
I also put that a gas is formed which turns it cloudy.
Does this matter? Or would they ignore the wrong answer and just mark the right answer ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I said that sulphur dioxide gas was given off

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers! Yeah I put that nanoparticles are 1 and 100nm in size and said that so they are bigger than atoms
Original post by Beyonce3716
Cheers! Yeah I put that nanoparticles are 1 and 100nm in size and said that so they are bigger than atoms

Nanoparticles are much smaller than normal atoms!
I'm afraid you are incorrect, magnesium is more reactive than hydrogen so hydrogen forms at the cathode. Most people I know supported this conclusion with the chemistry data sheet; using the reactivity scale. Don't worry about it though it was only 1 mark:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes i know thats what I've said hydrogen forms at the negative electrode because magnesium is more reactive
Original post by Jack Churcher 12
To get a C overall you need 240 UMS POINTS. So across the the 3 papers and Controlled Assessment you need a average of 60 UMS POINTS per unit. Hope this helps you a bit.

Do you know how many marks that'd be all together? Really confuses me :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending