The Student Room Group

Decided to leave Islam after Orlando attack. AMA.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mariah2011
Well don't say you're leaving due to the attack then. You're wrongly putting your words for another person to blame that Islam is the reason for the attack. You could just say I am leaving Islam due to not being religious rather than blaming it on Islam, making another controversial issue to occur.

The attack triggered me wanting to leave.

I have believed Islam to be a religion of hate and oppression for quite a while now.
Original post by TheStudent19
Yeah like if you take enough of the Qur'an out of context you can convince people that it's a religion with love at its heart.

Islam is built on hating others. Most religions are. You can't pretend that Islam supports homosexuality.

It doesn't, but neither does any other religion tbh, so why pick out Islam out of all the others?
This thread too has shown me that leaving Islam will do me and my brother a whole lot of good.
Original post by Cakey_101
It doesn't, but neither does any other religion tbh, so why pick out Islam out of all the others?

Because this thread has nothing to do with other religions?
Original post by Anonymous

I have believed Islam to be a religion of hate and oppression for quite a while now.

What made you believe this?
Have you told your family, how have they reacted?
Because this thread has nothing to do with other religions?

That reply wasn't to you.

"Believing" and knowing the truth are two completely different things. Believing the things on the media aren't true. Studying Islam through reading the Qur'an will enable you to gain an insight to what Islam is actually about and how it's not a religion of hate and oppression and is in fact the opposite. The media says Islam is a religion of hate and oppression therefore you're being influenced by the media which clearly is biased.
Original post by Ladymusiclover
Have you told your family, how have they reacted?

No I haven't. I don't think I will though.
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
"well done" lmao people like you and OP are so ignorant and its laughable, the person wasnt even practicing muslim so for OP to leave shows how weak his faith was to leave something that wasnt even related to islam, Just because the guy had a a islamic name and wore a hat doesnt make him a muslim.

His EX WIFE said he had NUMEROUS problems drinking wasnt religious didnt go the masjid

Lol why are you so hurt? I just said well done relax ffs
The reason why I said well done was because I personally dislike Islam as I think its a oppressive religion, it had nothing to do with the massarce.
(edited 7 years ago)

Because the thread is about him being an ex muslim?
Original post by TrojanH
it doesnt. even in the bible, the story of sodom and gomorrah is about homosexual rape and not the entirety of homosexuality. there is a difference.

Its so ****ing hilarious when people deny the quran and bible being homophobic.
But whatever.
Original post by loveleest
Because the thread is about him being an ex muslim?

Yeah i know, the reply wasnt for you or the OP, it was for the other guy. Also i doubt he is ex Muslim because he doesnt seem to know much about Islam and allows the media to dictate his thoughts, which applies to all religions not just Islam.
The killer was a alcoholic and went clubbing.

Do you even know what Islam is about? Clearly, you don't. If you even are Muslim, I wonder how something so petty and totally unrelated in the first place can "trigger" you to leave Islam so quickly. Like, tbh, take a step back and look at the whole situation. Do you really think the media is telling the truth? Heck, no one knows the actual truth about this whole thing. Why let something that only the media portrays to be true, influence your life decisions? Don't you have a mind of your own?
Sigh. Every ex-muslim was brainwashed by the media, isn't?
Yeah i know, the reply wasnt for you or the OP, it was for the other guy. Also i doubt he is ex Muslim because he doesnt seem to know much about Islam and allows the media to dictate his thoughts, which applies to all religions not just Islam.
Don't forget to vote Brexit or Trump while you're at it

I would argue that practicing muslims are typically more conservative and more likely to be "against" LBGT than other religions. This is purely anecdotal from my personal experiences though.
I've chosen to leave the Islamic faith following the attack on the gay club 4 days ago.

The shooter wasn't religious at all, the media just jump at any opportunity to label Muslims as terrorists, even if they don't actually follow Islam.
Original post by mariah2011
"Believing" and knowing the truth are two completely different things. Believing the things on the media aren't true. Studying Islam through reading the Qur'an will enable you to gain an insight to what Islam is actually about and how it's not a religion of hate and oppression and is in fact the opposite. The media says Islam is a religion of hate and oppression therefore you're being influenced by the media which clearly is biased.

So, basically what you're saying is "Don't believe all these people who happen to disagree with me, but definitely believe me, because I'm completely unbiased!"

It is perfectly acceptable and understandable to have both studied Islam and come to the conclusion that it is barbaric, backwards and yes, homophobic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending