The Student Room Group

LGBT against Islamophobia

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Arima
"have you seen a more pathetic sight" oh no theres real people who are against prejudice and hatred!!!!!!!! oh no!!! what to do!!! decent human beings exist what a pathetic sight!!!!!!!!!!!

There is nothing wrong with hating Islam.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DiddyDec
There is nothing wrong with hating Islam.

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's not.

But it should be a capital offense to abuse the ! in such a way.
Original post by Thutmose-III
I don't really agree with you there. What Owen Jones said on Sky News was perfectly straightforward; why was the host incapable of admitting this was a homophobic terrorist attack? It was bizarre that he kept ducking that and diverting the issue. If you are walking into a club with an AR-15 mowing gay people down because they're gay, then it's a homophobic attack. It was also a terrorist attack; Owen Jones said it was both, and he was right.

I agree with you about the Israel thing. Israel is the only country in the Middle East where an Arab woman can go down onto the street in t-shirt and shorts, holding hands with her lesbian partner, and walk down to the polling booth to vote for the candidate of her choice. It's disgraceful that some people have the gall to whine about this non-existent "pinkwashing"

I'd add, though, that what you identified as "quite a few LGBT people" is in fact a small, hard left minority. Gay people are, in general, as apolitical as the rest of the population. Those who take up the Islamophilic agenda on a hard-left basis are the kind of people who would be just as Islamophilic if they were straight. I don't accept that gay people are somehow uniquely culpable on the issue of hard left appeasement of superstitious, medieval Muslims.

Perhaps it was just my personal sample skewing my view, re the final paragraph. However I didn't mean that they are more likely to think this way than anybody else, more that just by the number of gay people in the general population, you would have gay people represented among SJWs as there are loads of SJWs. I didn't phrase it very well.

You make a fair point regarding Jones and I am happy to yield on this.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Well smashed OP. These LGBT progressive kids just don't get it. Islam smiles on same-sect brothers, not same-sex lovers! :rolleyes:

Haha! That's a good one.

I did read recently that the Muslim Brotherhood had authorised "anal jihad" for terrorist fighters in Syria. The Islamofundamentalists are A-OK with you if you want to sleep with a 9 year old boy or a Kurdish lad you enslaved. It's only if you want to have a consensual, respectful same-sex relationship with an adult that they say you have to die.

As usual, Islam has its priorities straight.
Reply 44
Original post by Kraixo
They are talking about the one billion five hundred ninety-nine million nine hundred ninety-nine thousand nine hundred ninety-nine Muslims who didn't blow them up and strictly condemn the actions of isis.
To be accurate, according to polls, there are probably over 100 million Muslims who "have a favourable view of ISIS".

But what's more important is that the majority of Muslims support essentially the same ideology and agenda as ISIS do. They only really differ on the means of implementing and achieving it.

For example, do you think that death is an appropriate judicial punishment for homosexuality, as long as all the Islamic conditions for it have been fulfilled?
Original post by QE2
To be accurate, according to polls, there are probably over 100 million Muslims who "have a favourable view of ISIS".

But what's more important is that the majority of Muslims support essentially the same ideology and agenda as ISIS do. They only really differ on the means of implementing and achieving it.

For example, do you think that death is an appropriate judicial punishment for homosexuality, as long as all the Islamic conditions for it have been fulfilled?

Ok, you speak for the majority of Muslims?

There's no specific punishment in the books of fiqh (Islamic laws) that relate to homosexuality per se. They apply to any illicit sexual relations, including prohibited heterosexual acts like adultery. And the punishments are strong, but they are legal fictions because they are impossible to prove. You need four witnesses to say they witnessed (sexual) penetration. In what circumstances are you going to find someone to testify to that?

Understood?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 46
Original post by Kraixo

There's no specific punishment in the books of fiqh (Islamic laws) that relate to homosexuality per se. They apply to any illicit sexual relations, including prohibited heterosexual acts like adultery. And the punishments are strong, but they are legal fictions because they are impossible to prove. You need four witnesses to say they witnessed (sexual) penetration. In what circumstances are you going to find someone to testify to that?

Understood?
So, you do approve of punishing any "illicit sexual activity" (including homosexuality) with death, in principle.

How nice.

BTW, could you explain why Allah included such impossibilities in his "perfect" guide?
It seems that whatever Islamic issue we address, the apologists' response always seems to highlight another issue.
Original post by QE2
So, you do approve of punishing any "illicit sexual activity" (including homosexuality) with death, in principle.

How nice.

BTW, could you explain why Allah included such impossibilities in his "perfect" guide?
It seems that whatever Islamic issue we address, the apologists' response always seems to highlight another issue.

Ok, it is possible but rare, why would someone be dumb enough to commit homosexual acts in front of 4 people/public in a land which claims to be following the Sharia, you get what I mean?

Conclusion, if homosexuals do their acts in private with no 4 witnesses they can't be proven guilty of the act This is the knowledge I currently have I am not sure about CCTV cameras or video footage cuzz I have better things to research which are more relevant to me.

And Allah knows best.
When will people understand Islam is a fascist ideology that isn't compatible with western society
Reply 49
Original post by Kraixo
Ok, it is possible but rare, why would someone be dumb enough to commit homosexual acts in front of 4 people/public in a land which claims to be following the Sharia, you get what I mean?
So, in principle, you agree that the Islamic punishment for homosexuality is death.

So, tell me again how the Orlando attack had nothing to do with Islam.
Original post by QE2
So, in principle, you agree that the Islamic punishment for homosexuality is death.

So, tell me again how the Orlando attack had nothing to do with Islam.

Were the conditions met big fat NO, and the conditions are more complex than you think! If you want to believe a fiction that it was Islamic then go ahead I don't care.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3y8DuFxfAo
Reply 51
Original post by Kraixo
Were the conditions met big fat NO, and the conditions are more complex than you think! If you want to believe a fiction that it was Islamic then go ahead I don't care.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3y8DuFxfAo
All the conditions may not have been met, but you admitted that Islam condemns homosexuality and prescribes death as a punishment. Islamic ideology was clearly a contributary factor to the attack. The attacker himself said so.

So, tell me again how it had "nothing to do with Islam".
Reply 52
Within the first seconds, that video blatantly misquotes 5:32, out of context, so the speaker is clearly being deliberately dishonest.
Original post by QE2
All the conditions may not have been met, but you admitted that Islam condemns homosexuality and prescribes death as a punishment. Islamic ideology was clearly a contributary factor to the attack. The attacker himself said so.

So, tell me again how it had "nothing to do with Islam".

He is mentally Ill.
Original post by QE2
Within the first seconds, that video blatantly misquotes 5:32, out of context, so the speaker is clearly being deliberately dishonest.

Lol, your the one who is being dishonest with your own self by forcing yourself to believe its islamic.
Original post by Thutmose-III
Have you ever seen a more pathetic sight? The Islamists have their boot on gay people's neck, and these fools are thanking them for it and bowing before them. Rarely do you see someone abase themselves so completely. and advocate so entirely for their own enslavement

They don't mean "you cannot criticise Islam". They mean:

Original post by champ_mc99
When they say Islamophobia, I'm pretty sure they mean anti-Muslim bigotry.
Reply 56
Original post by Kraixo
He is mentally Ill.
Obviously! No sane person could deliberately and brutally kill other humans on the grounds of their or sexuality.

But that does not affect the fact that Islam was a contributary factor in his actions.
Because Islam prescribes the killing of other humans on the grounds of their sexuality.
love always wins

the lgbt community does suffer from homophobia but from all religions and races no matter what, but it doesnt mean they have to fight hate with hate.

the lgbt comunity is made up of muslims as well
Reply 58
Original post by Kraixo
Lol, your the one who is being dishonest with your own self by forcing yourself to believe its islamic.
Islam states that homosexuals are corrupt and should be killed (if the right boxes are ticked).

Mateen killed homosexuals using the justification of Islam's condemnation and punishment.

How difficult is that to understand?

I am not claiming that the attack was "Islamic". Just that Islam was a contributary factor.
I really don't see how you can claim that it wasn't!
Original post by sfaraj
love always wins

the lgbt community does suffer from homophobia but from all religions and races no matter what, but it doesnt mean they have to fight hate with hate.

the lgbt comunity is made up of muslims as well

Ever tried giving a lunatic with a gun a hug?

If you think being killed is winning then you would be right.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending