The Student Room Group

A2 AQA German 2016

So the German exam is next Thursday, I'm wondering if anybody has any predictions for the translations or essay questions (I'm doing a book, Der Vorleser) ??

Also, I have ran out of practise essays and translations to do due to the lack of past papers, is there any websites where I can find any more??

Thank you to anyone for your help and GOOD LUCK to everyone doing the exam!!

(also I'm not sure if there are any other threads for this exam, so sorry if this is just a repeat post!!)

Scroll to see replies

I haven't been able to find any other thread either :/ My cultural topics were das Wirtschaftswunder and Goodbye Lenin - for Wirtschaftswunder they can basically only ask three questions so hopefully that should be okay (although this is AQA....) As for extra translations, have you tried looking at past papers for french/spanish/any other languages AQA does? They do all the same topics, so the english translations are good to use (although it does mean there's no mark scheme to check it against). Or different exam boards maybe?
Reply 2
Original post by HPriest98
So the German exam is next Thursday, I'm wondering if anybody has any predictions for the translations or essay questions (I'm doing a book, Der Vorleser) ??

Also, I have ran out of practise essays and translations to do due to the lack of past papers, is there any websites where I can find any more??

Thank you to anyone for your help and GOOD LUCK to everyone doing the exam!!

(also I'm not sure if there are any other threads for this exam, so sorry if this is just a repeat post!!)

When I did A2 German, for translation practice I went through the CIE papers (far more challenging that the AQA ones) and translated the long passages into English, and then got hold of some comprehension exercises aimed at advanced English learners and translated them into German. I learnt a ton of vocabulary, idioms and phrases.
I'm teaching myself german bcs my school doesn't do it and I'm 100% screwed for the essay bcs I've never had a german lesson and I can't write :'(
Original post by Catronator
I'm teaching myself german bcs my school doesn't do it and I'm 100% screwed for the essay bcs I've never had a german lesson and I can't write :'(

Just look up some articles or just general stuff about your topic and write some key points down.

As well as a sufficient number of facts, you need to state your opinion.

Use some phrases that the examiners would love to see

"Meiner Meinung nach" --> In my opinion

"Das ist ein umstrittenes Thema" --> That is a controversial topic

"Wir müssen beide Thesen genau betrachten" --> We must consider both topics equally

I also recommend to have some counter arguments--> Look up some critics on the interwebz and i am very sure you will find something.

Good luck!
Reply 5
I'm doing Goodbye Lenin and Brecht's play 'Der Gute Mensch con Sezuan'. I really really hope the GL questions are nice because I really hate th play :frown:((( any predictions??
what was that ?????? I am native and that friggin hard.. thanks aqa, ruining student's lives
That was the worst exam I've ever taken in my entire life what the actual hell
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ciarashalome
That was the ****ing worst exam I've ever taken in my entire life what the actual ****

i agree. seriously aqa re messing up everyoneeee this year!!! wtf
Original post by Jennieee_
i agree. seriously aqa re messing up everyoneeee this year!!! wtf

Okay, there was a question about how the Indian government protects kids from work in that stupid factory and I swear I replayed it about 150 times and still couldn't understand what the answer would be. I swear the reading question about Poland, German and that other country was the most unfair thing in the world.
what did people put for two victims of youth crime?! i didn't know if it was asking which two groups commit the crimes the most, or which two are affected by them.

the women and foreigners were the ones who commited the crime, right? how could they have been victims?
Original post by tanyapotter
what did people put for two victims of youth crime?! i didn't know if it was asking which two groups commit the crimes the most, or which two are affected by them.

the women and foreigners were the ones who commited the crime, right? how could they have been victims?

I'm pretty sure they were the victims

was it not asking the 'opfers von jugendkriminalitat?' i put women and migrants though i waas skeptical since it seemed so easy. so i dont know
Original post by Ciarashalome
Okay, there was a question about how the Indian government protects kids from work in that stupid factory and I swear I replayed it about 150 times and still couldn't understand what the answer would be. I swear the reading question about Poland, German and that other country was the most unfair thing in the world.

i preety much guessed that country one. that was some next level german with some deep rooted philosophy abstract mind ****.
HATE AQA
Original post by Jennieee_
was it not asking the 'opfers von jugendkriminalitat?' i put women and migrants though i waas skeptical since it seemed so easy. so i dont know

does that not mean victims of? verüben means to commit. i put frauen and ausländler but it later said in the text that pensioners were affected by burglary or something, so i thought maybe alte leute could have been one?
i can't believe how hard it was!! the german to english translation was such rubbish
does that not mean victims of? verüben means to commit. i put frauen and ausländler but it later said in the text that pensioners were affected by burglary or something, so i thought maybe alte leute could have been one?

i put pensions and shopowners, because it was asking the victims of the crimes and the paragraph talked about pickpocketing from 'rentern' and it mentioned shoplifting
What did people put for the first listening I found it so hard I knew the one about noise but guessed the others D:
I put that too!:smile: what did you guys put about where most crimes take place or something like that? I've actually forgotten the whole paper
Reply 19
Original post by kasiamull
i put pensions and shopowners, because it was asking the victims of the crimes and the paragraph talked about pickpocketing from 'rentern' and it mentioned shoplifting

I got that too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending