The Student Room Group

STEP Prep Thread 2016 (Mark. II)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
This tends to work out, in my experience.

Say it was kntegral of b to 0 where b is negative then it would be -infinity right? Since it is 0- technically.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Say it was kntegral of b to 0 where b is negative then it would be -infinity right? Since it is 0- technically.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pretty sure yeah
Reply 1542
Original post by ykim752
could someone give me an estimate of what i would get if i did these problems? Thank you so much!
Q1: I did all of part (i) proving that pn=qn for n=1,2,3 and disproving for n=4. For part(ii) i factored out correctly for part (a) and part(b) but couldn't get them to two linear factors (so i got that n =1 and n=3 for each case)
q2: I got the differentiation correct (pretty sure) and got the first integral, started integral 2 and 3 but got stuck at the same part for both ( i didn't realize i could set the constants whatever way i wanted..)
q3: I'm pretty sure i got the first,third, and last graph correct - may have messed up a little bit on the sin[x] graph - not too sure cause i did put sin(-4) as positive
q4: Did the differentiation correct
q5: Proved 1/sqrt(b) = 1/sqrt(a) + 1/sqrt(c); the rest, i started, but didn't get it to the end
q7: Think i got it most correct - some proofs were different from the one written on the solution thread, but i think it justifies, the last part about t-primes may have been a bit wordy and i think my answer was incorrect for the s-prime (very last answer asking for an example)
q12: I got all of it - didn't put down that the answer is always 1/2; i just said 1/2*p1 + p2 for each case

what do you guys think i would have gotten?
Thanks!

q1: 16
q2: 8
q3: 18
q4: 4
q5: 11
q7: 16
q12: 16

~85
Original post by Zacken
q1: 16
q2: 8
q3: 18
q4: 4
q5: 11
q7: 16
q12: 16

~85

Thank you so much!! I hope that it will be enough for a score of 2
I would also very much appreciate someone estimating my results :smile:

2- Everything correct (I think)
3- Shapes of all graphs correct (including sin(-4) part), but didn't include white and black 'dots' and missed off quite a lot of particular values that I should have labelled,including the pi/6 slightly trickier one (didn't realise that's what the bottom statement was asking for... stupid I know -_-)
4- Literally just did the differentiation
9- Did the main show that bit, and then in response to 'What Happens When dsin(theta)<a I changed frictional force at wall but not at rail, leading to incorrect result but otherwise correct working.
11- Complete solution (did ask for GREATEST and I didn't double differentiate to show max rather than min... But I don't think this was required... It was a show that part.
Original post by Zacken
You can't discuss the exam till 24 after you've sat the exam in the UK. Bear this in mind for STEP II as well.

Surely commenting that I found the exam challenging is not specific enough to give any advantage to anybody else - it's no secret that STEP is difficult. This says more about me as a candidate than the paper itself.
Original post by ykim752
Thank you so much!! I hope that it will be enough for a score of 2

85 for a 2 cya later

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by h1010068
Step ii

No discussion please. And delete the comment. Tks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gwenuin
Surely commenting that I found the exam challenging is not specific enough to give any advantage to anybody else - it's no secret that STEP is difficult. This says more about me as a candidate than the paper itself.

The safest, and indeed required, thing is no comments at all. Otherwise this thread will be temporarily closed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Found it quite [adjective] tbh, although question[a] ( where 1<a<13 inclusive) was quite interesting, especially the part where [they asked me to do something ]

Posted from TSR Mobile
That went well. Managed to do 3 full and 3 bit more than halfies
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mangoli
That.

Y u do dis

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mathemagicien
I found it [censored], much more [redacted] than STEP I

How did everyone else find it?

I'm feeling very [removed] atm [deleted]

I think I did infinitely better than on STEP I (I didn't do STEP I).
Close this thread please.

Any of the regular lads, PM me about the STEP II exam. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mangoli
That..

NO discussion. Please.

(And delete your comment. Tks)
Original post by jneill
NO discussion. Please.

(And delete your comment. Tks)

Can you just close the thread?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lads being a ****, might have to close ffs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mathemagicien
Bear in mind not everyone who PMs you will have done it... I posted the local exam times earlier if you want to double check before discussing it 1 to 1

Oh damn, thanks for reminding me m8. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Insight314
Oh damn, thanks for reminding me m8. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Check your pm fam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by drandy76
Check your pm fam

Posted from TSR Mobile

M8 you think I am sonic or something, typing on phone is slow as hell.

Sent it tho.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending