The Student Room Group

What is your earliest memory?

Scroll to see replies

My earliest memory was when I was about 3 or 4 and I was running around at the back of my garden. Suddenly, I realized I needed to do an urgent poo so I started to run as fast as my little legs could carry me to the house. But the garden was fairly big so unfortunately I didn't make it to the toilet in time so I pooed in my underwear just outside the house. I then saw that my poo had small, white worms in it and I was quite freaked out by this so I started running to my mum shouting in shock feeling ashamed I hadn't made it to the toilet in time.
(edited 7 years ago)
:biggrin: I remember when I was the womb and it was dark, I concentrated as hard can and through my mother belly I saw the hospital room I was in, which I can describe in detail to this very day.

Probably not the case really but even my Mum doesn't know how I could describe the room that descriptively; I have never been to that room in person. Weird I know.

Spoiler

I think my earliest memory is of going to visit my mum after my brother was born :yep:
I have this really vague memory, of lying in my cot at night in the dark, and my twin sister who shared a room with me being taken downstairs by my mum. She must have been crying for food, or needed changing.

I just remember lying there. I've no idea how young I was, but it's the earliest memory I've always recalled.

After that I have this memory of sat in playschool, all the other kids eating toast, and feeling really anxious that my mum was never going to collect me. I was sure she'd left me there and would never come back. But she did, and that sight of her with her winter coat on and keys in hand was such a comfort.
I think it would be my trip to Legoland with family on one of my sisters birthdays several years back.
Reply 65
Original post by cookie123456789
My earliest memory was when I was about 3 or 4 and I was running around at the back of my garden. Suddenly, I realized I needed to do an urgent poo so I started to run as fast as my little legs could carry me to the house. But the garden was fairly big so unfortunately I didn't make it to the toilet in time so I pooed in my underwear just outside the house. I then saw that my poo had small, white worms in it and I was quite freaked out by this so I started running to my mum shouting in shock feeling ashamed I hadn't made it to the toilet in time.

Yea I have pooed and peed in my pants a few times when I was a kid but I'm not so sure about that white worms thing....
Reply 66
Original post by Alexion
I think my earliest memory is of going to visit my mum after my brother was born :yep:

Oh really? What is the age difference between your and your younger brother?
Reply 67
Original post by TheOtherSide.
Waaait, why? :puppyeyes:

:jumphug:

Because um... I don't even know why lol

Probably because you've turned evil....
The asthma attack I had when I was 5 is the furtherest back I can remember at the moment .
Original post by jasminenctang
I know there's the scientific 'fact' that memories before the age of 4 aren't real. My earliest memory was probably when I was about 5 or 6, my first swimming lessons and going to infant school, playing with my friends.
Two. The brain hasn't fully formed beore that age.

My earliest memory would be around two, at Christmas. My parents didn't have a lot of money, and I got Lego that they'd collected together from here and there, all in a Kwik Save bag.

I've still got it all, somewhere.
Original post by Noara
Because um... I don't even know why lol

Probably because you've turned evil....

B-but I haven't..... :puppyeyes:

Spoiler

Reply 71
Hate to burst anyones bubble but scientists have found that no memories below the age of 3 are retained in the human brain, but because you would have heard your parents ect. talk about the memory your brain has constructed a fake memory to fit what they said. Just goes to show how crazy and complex the human brain is 😱
Reply 72
B-but I haven't..... :puppyeyes:

Spoiler

"not completely" :colonhash:

Spoiler

Original post by Noara
"not completely" :colonhash:

Spoiler

:giggle:

Spoiler

Original post by Rylan110
Hate to burst anyones bubble but scientists have found that no memories below the age of 3 are retained in the human brain, but because you would have heard your parents ect. talk about the memory your brain has constructed a fake memory to fit what they said. Just goes to show how crazy and complex the human brain is 😱

That's what I was going to say ahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
when i was 2 i think i remember playing with my dad and brothers in the snow

i also remember from 2 a distant memory of fireworks but apparently there was no fireworks

at the age of 2 going to pre-school and learning about jesus:rofl: and playing on a trampoline

and 3 when my new born sister was being weighed and i was trying to give her some of my ribena and the nurse told me not to
I bit a girl's finger on my first day of primary school, resulting in me having to spend break times walking alongside one of the supervisors.

Great start, Kirk!
Reply 77
:giggle:

AHAN! See.. I tricked you into confessing that you're evil :perv:

Btw, are you a male chicken or a female chicken? Sorry, can't seem to figure it out :nopity:....
Reply 78
I bit a girl's finger on my first day of primary school, resulting in me having to spend break times walking alongside one of the supervisors.

Great start

That's one way to start school......:congrats:
Although, you're lucky you didn't bit a teacher's finger or else you'd spend your break time walking home.... :closedeyes:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Noara
AHAN! See.. I tricked you into confessing that you're evil :perv:

Btw, are you a male chicken or a female chicken? Sorry, can't seem to figure it out :nopity:....

Oops, looks like you have. How will I ever live? :afraid:

Spoiler

All this time and you still don't know? :noway:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest