The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL Biology Unit 4 June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Annaaix_
actually so much better than i expected since I spent the last half hour before the exam trying to learn the whole immunity chapter and none of it was in it:biggrin:

Ikr. I loved it. Even photosynthesis didn't come up! x)
Reply 61
Original post by Aimen.
How was the paper guys?

Kind of disappointed :frown:
Reply 62
Original post by AvWOW
Hey guys. How did you find the paper today?

It was AMAZING!
Original post by Aimen.
Ikr. I loved it. Even photosynthesis didn't come up! x)

Was quite bummed about that since I knew that perfectly:frown: oh well!
Btw, why did a reduced species richness reduce those other things like light usage and CO2 uptake?
Reply 64
Original post by AvWOW
Kind of disappointed :frown:

Are you kinda sure?
Reply 65
Original post by Aimen.
How was the paper guys?

super gutted, spent so long revising immune system, photosynthesis and HIV stuff and nothing came up. questions were so vague. horrid
Reply 66
Was quite bummed about that since I knew that perfectly:frown: oh well!
Btw, why did a reduced species richness reduce those other things like light usage and CO2 uptake?

I assumed there would be lesser plants and so based the rest on less photosynthesis. Not sure if its fine. What did you write?
Original post by Aimen.
I assumed there would be lesser plants and so based the rest on less photosynthesis. Not sure if its fine. What did you write?

Yea that's what I wrote, also that different plants absorb different wavelengths (I guessed lmao) and so less wavelengths of light would be absorbed? f* knows, anyway the paper went well yeah?:biggrin:
Reply 68
Was the enzyme RNA Polymerase?
Cuz i thought it'd be a tie in dna helicase and rna polymerase!
Reply 69
Original post by tabetha
super gutted, spent so long revising immune system, photosynthesis and HIV stuff and nothing came up. questions were so vague. horrid

Exactly! The questions were reallyyy vague. Especially the one with the biosphere :/
Reply 70
Original post by Aimen.

I wrote RNA polymerase.
Reply 71
Original post by Aimen.

p sure it was RNA polymerase, helicase is the enzyme that unzips the DNA
Original post by Aimen.

I was just gonna ask that, I put RNA polymerase mainly bc that's the only enzyme i could remember involved in dna replication:biggrin: what was the purpose of the other enzyme in the second part of the question? I put to remove the introns and bind together the exons?
Reply 73
Original post by Aimen.

I wrote lower rate of carbon fixation and a bit of light independant reaction and less NPP.
Reply 74
Yea that's what I wrote, also that different plants absorb different wavelengths (I guessed lmao) and so less wavelengths of light would be absorbed? f* knows, anyway the paper went well yeah?:biggrin:

I wonder if they absorb different wavelengths (It wasn't in syllabus tho xD)
But paper was cool! A*?
Reply 75
I was just gonna ask that, I put RNA polymerase mainly bc that's the only enzyme i could remember involved in dna replication:biggrin: what was the purpose of the other enzyme in the second part of the question? I put to remove the introns and bind together the exons?

I swear I wrote the same wording "To remove introns and bind together exons" and yea I believe it was RNA Polymerase!
Original post by Aimen.
I wonder if they absorb different wavelengths (It wasn't in syllabus tho xD)
But paper was cool! A*?

Uhhhh maybe B? Idk I counted around 65% of the paper correct, that's an A-B yeah?
Original post by tabetha

agree with you 100%
Original post by AvWOW

I said it was a spliceosome and that it removed introns and allowed exons to bind

If we all wrote the same thing I'm guessing it's right? ayyyye:tongue:
Reply 79
Original post by Aimen.
I swear I wrote the same wording "To remove introns and bind together exons" and yea I believe it was RNA Polymerase!

haha I wrote the same thing too

Quick Reply