The Student Room Group

Labour MP Jo Cox killed in shooting incident in West Yorkshire

Scroll to see replies

Wow, just horrific that people on Twitter are claiming this to be a false flag attack, in which the remain campaign staged the whole thing to gain voters. Disgusting how people can react this way to a horrible event like this. She is apparently in critical condition - hopefully she will get through this

Leave campaign have suspended campaigning.
If it does turn out to be associated with Britain First I'm intrigued to see the disparity in reaction when someone shouts 'Britain first' vs 'Allahu Akbar'.
North of England websites crashing under pressure - Yorkshire Post very slow. From that site, an article about Jo Cox in December last year, "I've been in some horrific situations".
http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/i-ve-been-in-some-horrific-situations-mp-1-7642788
Sky News reporting this is a picture of the attacker

jo cox attacker.jpg
Leave campaign has suspended for the day.

(edited 7 years ago)
What a warped person. Least they have him. let's see if he's as brave without the gun.

Id really wait until its been confirmed whether there are any links with leave or muslims or the Eu etc before going for the full on smear.
(edited 7 years ago)
Jo Cox.

Original post by Proximo
Wow, just horrific that people on Twitter are claiming this to be a false flag attack, in which the remain campaign staged the whole thing to gain voters. Disgusting how people can react this way to a horrible event like this. She is apparently in critical condition - hopefully she will get through this

Leave campaign have suspended campaigning.

I'm a Leave voter and I think this attack is unfortunately indicative of the kind of extreme, paranoid and sometimes violent thinking that pervades elements of the hard right these days (though they can't even properly be described at being right-wing, just as many similar people on the left aren't really left-wing; their views have little to do with the economic ideologies of their respective sides of politics)

They often hold to extremely resentful viewpoints that see all politicians, all figures of authority, as being part of giant conspiracy against them. They invariably describe all political events through the lens of some kind of orchestration, and speak about politicians as all being scumbags and a part of the conspiracy.

I can't stand that this type of thinking is becoming more common. It is indeed common to Trump supporters, to some Sanders supporters, to some Corbyn supporters. It's basically the "everything is **** and part of a conspiracy against us" school of thinking
Original post by Fullofsurprises

What a lovely looking lady. Apparently she is extremely popular across all parties in the House, and very committed to international development. She's very much associated with a sort of new progressive internationalism (and opposed to left-wing isolationism) within the party
Cafe owner on BBC news who saw it happen said that she was stabbed and shot multiple times whilst on the ground. Other people tried to stop him but they were also injured. According to the cafe owner the attacked appeared to be waiting for her.
Original post by alevelstresss
ummmmm, no -_-

thats the man who was allegedly also injured after trying to help

I'm simply reporting what Sky News reported.

The other picture posted above would suggest he might well be the attacker
Can people just shut the **** up about politics and hope that she survives and the attacker gets what he deserves.
Interesting how none of the righties who would be crowding round this thread in glee had the attacker been shouting 'Allahu akbar' have commented yet on what is a horrible and callous attack on a lovely lady and by all accounts good MP.
Original post by cranbrook_aspie
Interesting how none of the righties who would be crowding round this thread in glee had the attacker been shouting 'Allahu akbar' have commented yet on what is a horrible and callous attack on a lovely lady and by all accounts good MP.

Why would they? It's not an Islamic attack.
Original post by TercioOfParma
Why would they? It's not an Islamic attack.

Exactly. Just shows you the hypocrisy of a lot of the posters on this forum: they care only when it's something negative and Islam is something to do with it. It's the same with issues like women's rights, LGBT rights and racism.
Original post by Mathemagicien
The first to jump to the conclusion that the attacker was of a particular group

The irony is clearly lost on you

But yes, probably a UKIP guy/gal

Lmao I've seen you do the exact same every time theres some kind of islamist attack
Original post by cranbrook_aspie
Exactly. Just shows you the hypocrisy of a lot of the posters on this forum: they care only when it's something negative and Islam is something to do with it. It's the same with issues like women's rights, LGBT rights and racism.

Yeah, that's their issue. There is no massive problem with right wing extremists killing left-wing politicians in the UK let alone Europe as a whole. I can think of only 2 counting this one in the last 5 years.
Original post by Fullofsurprises

why you posting photos of her lol
Original post by TercioOfParma
Yeah, that's their issue. There is no massive problem with right wing extremists killing left-wing politicians in the UK let alone Europe as a whole. I can think of only 2 counting this one in the last 5 years.

there is unquestionably a significant right wing extremism problem

Quick Reply

Latest