The Student Room Group

Labour MP Jo Cox killed in shooting incident in West Yorkshire

Reports coming in of Labour MP Jo Cox being airlifted to hospital after being shot in a shooting and stabbing incident. Gunman still on the loose. Two others injured and have been stabbed. Primary school nearby in lockdown

52 year old man was also arrested.

http://news.sky.com/story/1712935/labour-mp-jo-cox-shot-near-leeds-eyewitness
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

What a despicable act. I hope they catch the perpetrator. I have a sinking feeling as to the identity of the criminal
Still a developing report
Is it bad when I read the title I thought they went hunting or something?

Even so, that's horrible.
She was also stabbed but armed police are in the area, hopefully this wI'll be over soon, considering the fact that she also has two children, this must be traumatising for them
Original post by Proximo
She was also stabbed but armed police are in the area, hopefully this wI'll be over soon, considering the fact that she also has two children, this must be traumatising for them

Its been reported the perpetrator has been arrested
Maria Eagle MP has tweeted that the attacker, a 52-year old male now under arrest, shouted "Britain First".
https://twitter.com/meaglemp/status/743435068849463296

If this was some political act by a Leaver, it's an appalling thing and true fascism at work.
Not confirmed, and don't want to speculate, but apparently the man shouted "Britain First". According to eyewitnesses..
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Maria Eagle MP has tweeted that the attacker, a 52-year old male now under arrest, shouted "Britain First".

If this was some political act by a Leaver, it's an appalling thing and true fascism at work.

I heard on BBC news she was trying to stop a dispute between two people, too earlier to tell I guess
It has been reported, though I'm unsure what credence to give the reports, that the perpetrator shouted "Britain First" during the attack
Time to bet big on staying in the EU.
Original post by Fullofsurprises

#NotAllLeavers.
The media's going to find some dodgy link to ISIS, one way or the other.

'Perpetrator alleged to have IS-links, head of MI6 claims. His now deceased dog, previously belonged to his school friend's step mother's cat faeces that is alleged to have fled to Syria to fight for the Islamic State militants. Police are beginning a thorough investigation of his home, and have already found letters exchanged between him and the third in command of ISIS, who was successfully bombed by UK-led air strikes. Further updates later."
(edited 7 years ago)
i have no doubt whatsoever that we will see people blaming the left / islam somehow within the next few hours by some tsr users
Original post by alevelstresss
i have no doubt whatsoever that we will see people blaming the left / islam somehow within the next few hours by some tsr users

I love you <3
We predicted the same thing :biggrin:
Original post by alevelstresss

You forgot feminism.
They don't represent Islam

A minority of Muslims do this type of thing

Mental illness is to blame

We need more gun control

Islam ? What's that ? never heard of it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Sky News has apparently spoken to a witness who reported the shooter shouted "Britain first"
Original post by democracyforum

We need more gun control

The evidence we have thus far suggests the perpetrator was a white right-winger.

If this is the case, this unfortunately speaks to the culture and hatred of violence that has been percolating for years on the far-left and far-right, often coupled with paranoid conspiracism
Original post by democracyforum

We need more gun control

really... -_-

Quick Reply

Latest