The Student Room Group

Where to take Education Studies?

Hi everyone! I'm an international student who holds USA high school diploma. I wanted to take Education studies or primary education in England. Can someone possibly recommend me some university that's best known for their education courses? Help me out. Thanks!
Original post by beliebingxx
Hi everyone! I'm an international student who holds USA high school diploma. I wanted to take Education studies or primary education in England. Can someone possibly recommend me some university that's best known for their education courses? Help me out. Thanks!

Do you want to study Education Studies or Primary Education? They're very different degrees.

Education Studies is an academic subject which covers things like brain development, government education policy, sociology and the social sciences in general. Cambridge and UCL have the best Education Studies degrees in the UK, and some of the best in the world. UCL's Institute of Education is at least as good as Harvard's Graduate School of Education.

Primary Education (with QTS) is essentially a vocational degree that trains people to become primary school teachers. Durham and Edinburgh are two good universities which do this degree.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by beliebingxx

Not as highly ranked as the UCL or cambridge, but Gloucestershire is also widely renowned for their education courses. It offers both subjects that you are looking at. I am about to go into my second year of my Education studies degree and i would highly recommend going.
Reply 3
Oh, then I'm sure i wanted to do Education studies. Thanks for the heads up!

Can someone though, recommend me some other unis that is known for this degree? I'll try applying to UCL but that's no guarantee.
Reply 4
Original post by Jay018
Not as highly ranked as the UCL or cambridge, but Gloucestershire is also widely renowned for their education courses. It offers both subjects that you are looking at. I am about to go into my second year of my Education studies degree and i would highly recommend going.

Thanks! I'll look them up now. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest