The Student Room Group

Edexcel Igcse FURTHER PURE MATHEMATICS 14th June 2016 exam official thread.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kio padma
Cheer up mate. Dont worry too much. You should be proud that you are doing the hardest subject in igcse.
:smile:

BTW guys my teacher gave me the pdf copy of the paper we did,
I dont think Im supposed to post the whole paper online, but if u guys want pics of any specific questions im happy to post them
Reply 41
bru can u show me the sequence question please
guys i tried to post predicted questions but TSR blocked the reply
maybe it was too long

Definately on: Long coordinates question, geometric series, displacement velocity acceleration, raidans, integration for area/volume from a graph, differentiation on rates and/or on max/min, trig in a triangle diagram, trig in identities
Might be on: Sigma,asymptotes (draw graph or algebra)
oh and inequalities
also u might wanna check out sth in the syllabus: dy = (dy/dx)dx - only for small values
it came up on 2009 may paper 1 question 4
Reply 46
Original post by AmityAffliction
dont 'bru' a girl

here:

Sorry about that and thank u so much, much appreciated
lol its ok sarcasm doesnt work in text
Good luck everyone
I will be 'happy' but still gutted if I get an 'A' considering I only started the syllabus 6 months ago and I rushed through most of the topics.
damn i forgot what a unit vector was
only got 5 but forgot to divide the position vector by it
I found that terrible, what did you guys get for Question 4 with the values of x in the geometric series? Or the distance from A to B?
Original post by Daniyal_Ahmed
I found that terrible, what did you guys get for Question 4 with the values of x in the geometric series? Or the distance from A to B?

i got 9 for one of the values of X, distance of AB mine was a fraction lol
Same lol, I got 9 and should've gotten 0 but forget that you shouldn't cancel out, while my fraction was 220/27 or something like that. What did you get for the largest angle?
Same lol, I got 9 and should've gotten 0 but forget that you shouldn't cancel out, while my fraction was 220/27 or something like that. What did you get for the largest angle?

yeah i didnt get 0 but +-9 :frown:

i think my answer was that too, for the distance. is it correct? cus i winged that question hard lol

i forgot the value of the angle but if the angle was right opposite the longest side it should be correct
Hope grade boundaries are around 84

Posted from TSR Mobile
How much marks did Geometric series question carry?

Even I got 220/27
That's great lol was really unsure over that one. Did you get (-1/3 and -1) as the x coordinates on the reciprocal graph and -4/3x + c as the equation of the normal?
Reply 58
What was the minimum speed?
That's great lol was really unsure over that one. Did you get (-1/3 and -1) as the x coordinates on the reciprocal graph and -4/3x + c as the equation of the normal?

Yeah i got that too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending