The Student Room Group

Labour MP Jo Cox killed in shooting incident in West Yorkshire

Scroll to see replies

Eyewitness report:
"He shot this lady once and then he shot her again, he fell to the floor, leant over shot her once more in the face area.
"Somebody tried to grab him, wrestling with him and then he wielded a knife, like a hunting knife, just started lunging at her with a knife half a dozen times. People were screaming and running from the area".

I speak for everyone when I say this man is a disgusting ****.
Original post by 09876543211
Can people just shut the **** up about politics and hope that she survives and the attacker gets what he deserves.

This is TSR, jumping to the political side is going to happen straight away.

Sickening attack, I'm glad the perpetrator was captured swiftly.
British terrorism is despicable.
Disgusting..the perp needs to be hung drawn and quartered
Wow he shot her three times as well as stabbing. Much less chance of her surviving that, hope he missed anything vital.
What a sick and despicable act. I pray she will get through this. :frown: The gunman must have been a real nutter....they didn't find him straight away apparently and my school is pretty close so we were on lock down for a bit. A scary and weird experience seeing all those helicopters and police cars. She has 2 young children too :frown::frown::frown::heart::heart:
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Leave campaign has suspended for the day.

Farage is going to have to spend the night preparing his weasel words if it turns out this loon was a Kipper.

Wow you are trying to say this was an act from the Leave campaign in order to smear it? Holy **** thats contemptible even by remain standards
Hopefully if it's true that a makeshift gun was used, damage will be less compared to a higher calibre gun.

Does anyone have anymore information on Jo's health atm?
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Wow you are trying to say this was an act from the Leave campaign in order to smear it? Holy **** thats contemptible even by remain standards

Don't be ridiculous, I said "if".

It's now increasingly sounding like he was from Britain First, which is of course solidly in the Leave camp, so I wasn't far wrong anyway, was I?
Original post by Proximo
Hopefully if it's true that a makeshift gun was used, damage will be less compared to a higher calibre gun.

News briefing at 5pm apparently.

It's now increasingly sounding like he was from Britain First, which is of course solidly in the Leave camp, so I wasn't far wrong anyway, was I?

Firstly you made this post long after it was reported he shouted Britain First and secondly how the hell do you thing him shouting Britain first is not far wrong from the vote leave campaign?

You see wanting to be able control immigration and taking back our sovereignity the same as a racist xenophobic BNP founded political party??

You must be very very very alarmed that 50% of the UK are going to vote for Britain First in the next elections then
Original post by Proximo

If it is a homemade firearm it could firing any calibre bar say .50 BMG and .700 Nitro

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52

It takes a desperate and pathetic man to try and smear the leave campaign with this attack.
Original post by alevelstresss
there is unquestionably a significant right wing extremism problem

Proof?

Also, saying that growth in right wing parties is a problem is incorrect, that's not extremism.
Original post by wewlad
It takes a desperate and pathetic man to try and smear the leave campaign with this attack.

(1) I'm not a man.

(2) The full facts are still to emerge - let's see shall we.
Absolutely discipable on all accounts.... Bit skeptical of the reports everyone is saying different things at this time . To early to 100% Confirm anything
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Firstly you made this post long after it was reported he shouted Britain First and secondly how the hell do you thing him shouting Britain first is not far wrong from the vote leave campaign?

You see wanting to be able control immigration and taking back our sovereignity the same as a racist xenophobic BNP founded political party??

You must be very very very alarmed that 50% of the UK are going to vote for Britain First in the next elections then

I didn't see the Britain First thing until after I made the post.

I still think it will turn out to have been some kind of extremist attack by a far Right fanatic, maybe UKIP isn't in the frame, but time will tell.
Original post by wewlad

The guy who stabbed this MP smeared the leave campaign all by himself. No need for anyone else to do so.
Original post by TercioOfParma
Proof?

Also, saying that growth in right wing parties is a problem is incorrect, that's not extremism.

Anders Brevik massacre is one, the attempted Euro 2016 attack which was stopped by Ukrainian police a few weeks ago.
As mentioned above (and I have noticed this on Twitter), right-wingers are now saying his motivations are irrelevant and he's just a lone lunatic, while some on the left are saying that now (unlike in Orlando, Florida) motivations do matter and his political associations are relevant.

My own view is that ideological motivations (and the tone of political and ideological debate in the circles in which Mateen and the Cox shooter moved) are relevant, even if the person is crazy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending