The Student Room Group

AQA Resistant Materials Unit 1 Exam THURSDAY

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Was that 6 marker about volume production about CAD/CAM or continuous production :/
Original post by DJShaji
Was that 6 marker about volume production about CAD/CAM or continuous production :/

Just general volume production.
Reply 42
I feel like I got full marks in the design and development questions, but didn't do so well in the later parts.
I hope everything averages to an A*...
I feel like I got 7/9 marks in first one.
6/6 in second one
8/11 in third one.

In section B I feel as if I may have only lost 15 marks or less.
Very good exam :smile:
My section b was good I didn't really find anything that hard tbh. Probably ony lost a few marks here or there on the big ones most likely and my design section was good as well. Overall really happy with that exam and hopefully will get A*
I think that was a really good exam! For the sustainability question were you meant to talk about the materials or the specific crutches?
Reply 46
Original post by jhuk510
I think that was a really good exam! For the sustainability question were you meant to talk about the materials or the specific crutches?

i talked about the material and if they were nonrenable or not. and i put about how much energy it took to make them
Original post by bborn12
i talked about the material and if they were nonrenable or not. and i put about how much energy it took to make them

Yeah that's also what I said! I talked about how metal can be melted down and reused, plastic is made of crude oil and bad, but can be biodegradable and wood can be pulped and is sustainable because you can plant it
Reply 48
Original post by jhuk510
Yeah that's also what I said! I talked about how metal can be melted down and reused, plastic is made of crude oil and bad, but can be biodegradable and wood can be pulped and is sustainable because you can plant it

Same! what did you think to the question about volume production! i didnt know what it was, so i made it up ! for the advantages i put : quick as its continuous, makes money and that it runs all the time. The disadvantages : costs a lot, job loss and uses lots of energy.

Hopefully i got i right !
I said about greater surface area so more collisions between the particles for the spoons one so it is good.

Is that ok
Original post by Kryptonian
I said about greater surface area so more collisions between the particles for the spoons one so it is good.

Is that ok

1466095050736.jpg

No offence Bro, but this ain't chemistry.
Original post by Bulletzone
1466095050736.jpg

No offence Bro, but this ain't chemistry.

Oh i thought it was valid though. :frown:
A greater surface area so it can carry more contents too??
Melamine Formaldehyde is a thermosetting plastic so it shouldn't deform with heat. It's also pretty strong and durable and - as shown by the photo - can be coloured for aesthetics.

At least that's what I thought.
Original post by RoseBuchanan73
Melamine Formaldehyde is a thermosetting plastic so it shouldn't deform with heat. It's also pretty strong and durable and - as shown by the photo - can be coloured for aesthetics.

All valid reasons, I put that it has a smooth surface finish (like all plastics) so wont injure the user when they put it into their mouth, is that fine?
Original post by Daffy786
All valid reasons, I put that it has a smooth surface finish (like all plastics) so wont injure the user when they put it into their mouth, is that fine?

Yeah, that sounds good!
Reply 55
Original post by RoseBuchanan73

Can I say that Melamine is easy to clean?
Reply 56
Original post by bborn12
Same! what did you think to the question about volume production! i didnt know what it was, so i made it up ! for the advantages i put : quick as its continuous, makes money and that it runs all the time. The disadvantages : costs a lot, job loss and uses lots of energy.

I thought the question said something about 'adv and disadvs of industrial processes in volume production', or it might just be me...

So where you meant to talk about continuous production as a whole or processes within continuous production?
Reply 57
Original post by Baaah
I thought the question said something about 'adv and disadvs of industrial processes in volume production', or it might just be me...

So where you meant to talk about continuous production as a whole or processes within continuous production?

uh oh! i just made most of it up to be honest ! still dont know what volume production is !!
Original post by bborn12

I pretty much said the same!! It was 6 marks so I made 3 points and explained them, I think I said job loss, higher accuracy and more profit? What did you say for the 8 marker about the chairs?
Reply 59
Original post by jhuk510
I pretty much said the same!! It was 6 marks so I made 3 points and explained them, I think I said job loss, higher accuracy and more profit? What did you say for the 8 marker about the chairs?

i cant remember what that one was about ?! what did you put anyway

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending