The Student Room Group

Decided to leave Islam after Orlando attack. AMA.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 0to100
Filling out some CVs ini

Oh cool cool, lookin' for a job right? :biggrin:
Original post by mariah2011
"Believing" and knowing the truth are two completely different things. Believing the things on the media aren't true. Studying Islam through reading the Qur'an will enable you to gain an insight to what Islam is actually about and how it's not a religion of hate and oppression and is in fact the opposite. The media says Islam is a religion of hate and oppression therefore you're being influenced by the media which clearly is biased.

Do you know what a non sequitur is? :erm:
It's possible to share an opinion/insight with a person or entity without being influenced by them. Or do you also deny that both Newton and Leibniz could have developed calculus independently of each other?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I've chosen to leave the Islamic faith following the attack on the gay club 4 days ago.

Peace,
The Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said:"There will come a time when holding on to your Iman (belief) will be like holding on to hot coals" {Tirmidhi} ... in the face of modernity, innovations and the constant attacks on our religion and way of life.
Brother/Sister; I know the Qu'ran condemns homosexuality but so does Christianity and other religions. Islam is perfect but Muslims are not. They commit mistakes and become misguided. Do not leave your faith over one idiot.
Original post by star80
Peace,
The Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said:"There will come a time when holding on to your Iman (belief) will be like holding on to hot coals" {Tirmidhi} ... in the face of modernity, innovations and the constant attacks on our religion and way of life.
Brother/Sister; I know the Qu'ran condemns homosexuality but so does Christianity and other religions. Islam is perfect but Muslims are not. They commit mistakes and become misguided. Do not leave your faith over one idiot.

Contradiction at it's finest:lol:
Original post by Cakey_101
It doesn't, but neither does any other religion tbh, so why pick out Islam out of all the others?

Because we're talking about the Qur'an here.

And in that post I said "Most religions are" so I know most religions don't like homosexuality. It's just that Islam is the subject here.
Original post by WarmEye
Next thing you know you'll hear Muslims claim Islam led the fight for women's rights lol.

Somebody actually did claim something like that on another thread about the Orlando shooting. I think it was something like 'the human rights you have in the West came from the Quran.' The response was appropriately incredulous. :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
Oh cool cool, lookin' for a job right? :biggrin:

Yeaaa lol

And I lost my usb stick and searched round the whole house just now, well in everyone's rooms and guess where it was mate :nothing:
Original post by loveleest

:facepalm:

PRSOM. :toofunny:
Original post by 0to100
:facepalm:

I'm not exactly sure what the facepalm is for?
I'm not exactly sure what the facepalm is for?

It's how the star80 should feel for saying Islam is perfect; I was agreeing with you it's a contradiction...
Original post by 0to100
It's how the star80 should feel for saying Islam is perfect; I was agreeing with you it's a contradiction...

oh haha, I'm really slow
oh haha, I'm really slow

lol
Original post by 0to100
Yeaaa lol

And I lost my usb stick and searched round the whole house just now, well in everyone's rooms and guess where it was mate :nothing:

LOL, cool :biggrin: Awwwhh sad x Lost all your work then? loool where? acc lemme guess, in the toilet? :wink:
LOL, cool :biggrin: Awwwhh sad x Lost all your work then? loool where? acc lemme guess, in the toilet? :wink:

Yea fingers crossed all day to get a job and I'm learning how to type a CV up and all :\

And it were right here...in my jacket pocket. :colonhash:
Original post by Anonymous
I've chosen to leave the Islamic faith following the attack on the gay club 4 days ago.

what a retartded reason
Original post by 0to100
Yea fingers crossed all day to get a job and I'm learning how to type a CV up and all :\

And it were right here...in my jacket pocket. :colonhash:

Boring, but a good skill for life I guess :smile: I'll hope and pray for you too! :tongue:
Awwwh x Sad, all of that looking for it to be in your pocket :argh:
Boring, but a good skill for life I guess :smile: I'll hope and pray for you too! :tongue:
Awwwh x Sad, all of that looking for it to be in your pocket :argh:

I think I'm catching on well lol
Aw cheers :\ and yea I think I get it from my mum and dad, they've wreckt the place looking for **** that was right next to em.
Original post by 0to100
I think I'm catching on well lol
Aw cheers :\ and yea I think I get it from my mum and dad, they've wreckt the place looking for **** that was right next to em.

Anytime!!! :smile: & That's rlly good! :biggrin: LOOL yh some ppl are like tht, but sometimes it's just forgetting rlly, so yh.
I'm so lost rn, tryna read my friends writing, which is just about as curly as her hair. & Trust me her hair is curly. :colone:
Original post by Sara_t
I'm wasting my time, I doubt you'll change your view and I'll never change my view so we'll agree to disagree.

Then all the effort you've allegedly invested in 'studying in depth' is pointless - if you dogmatically cling to a view and nothing will ever make you reconsider, then I'm afraid it is you who is arguing from a position of ignorance. Not that there's any reasonable doubt about that, considering most of what you've written on this thread is little more than childish assumptions about the character/qualifications of anyone who disagrees with you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending