The Student Room Group

I fell asleep in my exam this morning. :(

I don't know how. I went to bed at 8pm and woke up at 7am.

Sigh, 2/3 of an exam wasted. I can only hope for a bad grade in Home Economics.

I ended up rushing through the paper when I woke up with like 20 mins of the exam left.
Reply 1
Silly sausage
don't worry about it. GSCE's wear you out.
Reply 3
Original post by Davalla
Silly sausage

I don't even know how I ended up sleeping, I started off working through my paper.
Reply 4
Original post by 2016_GCSE

I ended up rushing through the paper when I woke up with like 20 mins of the exam left.

Did none of the invigilators realise?
Reply 5
Original post by luciie
Did none of the invigilators realise?

Well they did but far too late.
Reply 6
Well they did but far too late.

Ugh that sucks :frown: Do you have any controlled assessments that could boost your grade or is the course completely exam based?
Reply 7
Original post by luciie
Ugh that sucks :frown: Do you have any controlled assessments that could boost your grade or is the course completely exam based?

Exam and coursework, my coursework was at a D and I was relying on my exam to pull it up. Seemed like an easy paper when rushing through and had questions I could have really got in to but time and somehow falling asleep destroyed me.
Reply 8

Are you ok did your parents drop you
Reply 9
Original post by Prussia1
Are you ok did your parents drop you

I don't think so.
Reply 10
It's quite rare but you might have narcolepsy.

Saw it on modern family but yeah. It causes you to fall asleep at random times for no reason. Look it up
Hilarious
Yeah, maybe narcolepsy, but if you start getting tired a lot maybe see your doctor about chronic fatigue? One of my friends has it, and once she forgot to take her tablet and fell asleep for two hours while eating breakfast. It's more common than you'd think.
Reply 13
Well this is not the first time I have experienced random sleeping even when I don't fell tired so it could be possible that I have Narcolepsy. I fall asleep in class also for no reason even if I have had a good nights sleep and sometimes when revising.
Hey, maybe see a doctor about this?

Again, you must feel gutted, and i'm sorry to hear this. Focus on what you can change, and try to get back on track.
Reply 15
Original post by SeanFM
Was that the scene where Phil was playing chess with Luke? Absolute cracker of a scene.

Yeah the one where Alex thinks that he has and then he keeps falling asleep everywhere LOOOOL xD
Well this is not the first time I have experienced random sleeping even when I don't fell tired so it could be possible that I have Narcolepsy. I fall asleep in class also for no reason even if I have had a good nights sleep and sometimes when revising.

narcolepsy is extremely serious!! you should go to your doctor to get checked up on
Reply 17
Original post by melisss22
narcolepsy is extremely serious!! you should go to your doctor to get checked up on

I guess I better book a appointment then.

How?? I sleep at like 12:30pm and I never sleep in an exam. In fact I feel more energised when I'm in the exam

Quick Reply

Latest