The Student Room Group

Think I underperformed in my AS levels, please help!

Hello I'm about to finish my AS levels and I personally think I have under performed. I was on track for 4 As in maths, FM, physics and chemistry. However I think I got ABBB with the A in maths. So I was wondering would I still be in with a chance of getting in to a good physics uni with these results? Just to let you know I'm dropping chemistry and the physics grade this year doesn't count to towards my actual a level grade due to the new AQA spec. I also feel like I let my school and teachers down since they thought I was going to get some of the best results in the school and I feel really disappointed in myself after working so hard this year. Can someone please give me some advice?
Original post by BigChicken
Hello I'm about to finish my AS levels and I personally think I have under performed. I was on track for 4 As in maths, FM, physics and chemistry. However I think I got ABBB with the A in maths. So I was wondering would I still be in with a chance of getting in to a good physics uni with these results? Just to let you know I'm dropping chemistry and the physics grade this year doesn't count to towards my actual a level grade due to the new AQA spec. I also feel like I let my school and teachers down since they thought I was going to get some of the best results in the school and I feel really disappointed in myself after working so hard this year. Can someone please give me some advice?

I'm doing my A2s this year and I underperformed in my AS exams last year. Depending on your school, you may be able to retake some modules of your AS exams next year as that is what I did. I hope everything works out for you
Don't worry, you've not got your results yet.

THE NEW AQA SPEC ****ED EVERYONE UP.
Original post by charlotteaimee17
I'm doing my A2s this year and I underperformed in my AS exams last year. Depending on your school, you may be able to retake some modules of your AS exams next year as that is what I did. I hope everything works out for you

I think I underperformed to in my AS level this year, so what do I do in the summer holidays? Did you go back over and relearn the subject that you think you might have done bad in, so you are ready to retake next year? I'm thinking about doing this, since I might need to retake. :P
Quoting the words of my physics teacher, "There's nothing in life, you cannot fix". Be calm, you get what you get - you can't change the past and B's in AS's is amazing. Concentrate on your next exam, you have a wonderful summer awaiting you so don't spend a majority of it being unhappy.

Physics doesn't count this year so if you got an A, great! or if you got an E, Great! everyone will be in the same position in September - You should know what you went wrong in your revision.

So forth, like I said, you can fix this next year - retakes, applying on a gap year.

People from my sixth form have gotten on to do Engineering and Physics at Imperial, Cambridge, UCL etc with C's in their "dropped" subjects, let alone B's.

Have a nice summer holiday :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by TheTechnoGuy
Quoting the words of my physics teacher, "There's nothing in life, you cannot fix". Be calm, you get what you get - you can't change the past and B's in AS's is amazing. Concentrate on your next exam, you have a wonderful summer awaiting you so don't spend a majority of it being unhappy.

Physics doesn't count this year so if you got an A, great! or if you got an E, Great! everyone will be in the same position in September - You should know what you went wrong in your revision.

So forth, like I said, you can fix this next year - retakes, applying on a gap year.

People from my sixth form have gotten on to do Engineering and Physics at Imperial, Cambridge, UCL etc with C's in their "dropped" subjects, let alone B's.

Have a nice summer holiday :smile:

Thanks man, hope your exams went well!
Enjoy your summer too :smile:
Appreciated your comment

Quick Reply

Latest