The Student Room Group

Labour MP Jo Cox killed in shooting incident in West Yorkshire

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nutcase13
agree, another witness was asked if he heard him shout Britain First and he said not at all

Then again, 3 other people did confirm that the man actually did.
Original post by neal95
The leave campaign should not be suspending the campaign. Would she want the remain campaign to do the same. It's nothing to do with a leave campaign, just as all you leftist say Islamic attack a are nothing to do with Islam

Both are suspending their campaigns because it is the right thing to do.

On a serious note, I think most people here understand the gravity of the situation, whether you are Brexit or whatever. It can stop for a day.

However, then there is the odd nutcase that doesn't seem to understand that basic point.
Original post by DorianGrayism
Lol. Yeh. You better be his lawyer.

I mean, if one person says they didn't hear it, that must mean the murderer didn't say it.

With conflicting eye witness statements, including one person who wasn't there and another who seems to have followed him 2 miles, it would be easy to discredit those statements based on only that evidence.
Original post by DiddyDec
So why have the referendum campaigning stopped?

Do you they do that every time someone is murdered?

No but i assume its a sign of respect
Original post by KINGYusuf
Then again, 3 other people did confirm that the man actually did.

I think i'll wait till its officially confirmed
No but i assume its a sign of respect

How is stopping doing your job respectful?
Original post by iEthan
Both campaigns are suspended. It's nothing to do with politics. It's not a political move. It's out of respect. Perhaps it'd do you good to do the same.

Yeah well I'm glad you have said that as others haven't had the same. Maybe you mods should watch yourselves and stop getting so power mad. You ain't nothing
So why have the referendum campaigning stopped?

Do you they do that every time someone is murdered?

Every time an elected representative is murdered?

Is this a serious comment?
stabbed to death by a nasty britain first Leave EU supporter. disgusting that this is what politics in the uk has now come to.
Reply 289
Original post by cranbrook_aspie
Interesting how none of the righties who would be crowding round this thread in glee had the attacker been shouting 'Allahu akbar' have commented yet on what is a horrible and callous attack on a lovely lady and by all accounts good MP.

Righty here. I will comment it for you.

Firstly, the MP was opposing the EU. But even if she did not, this is still nothing compare the Islamo-left did in the last couple of years. You stock just recently killed 50 people in a gay club, our stuck was just this one incident and even it is not yet confirm whether the perpetrator was a right-winger. While I do condemnt this attack the MP should think now of all the victims of the muslims comiteed in the past years and have compassion.
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Every time an elected representative is murdered?

Is this a serious comment?

Why is an elected member more important than your average joe getting murdered?
Original post by neal95
Yeah well I'm glad you have said that as others haven't had the same. Maybe you mods should watch yourselves and stop getting so power mad. You ain't nothing

Oh good god, cut it out. This is nothing to do with my being a member of the Support Team. A woman has died and both campaigns have been suspended to show respect for her death which was both barbaric and senseless.
Original post by Fenice
Political violence isn't new. We've had one Prime Minister assassinated and plenty of MPs attacked and murdered.

In fairness, that one Prime Minister who was assassinated was iirc Lord Liverpool about 180 years ago.

Politicians of all stripes have reported increasing levels of abuse and violence. Abuse and death threats are much more common than they were prior to the internet becoming ubiquitous

Edit: It was Spencer Perceval, Lord Liverpool was the following PM
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Sky news interviewed a guy who said he did not hear that shouted..

One witness said the man attacked a 76 year old man of which Jo tried to intervene and was murdered...

Do you see the problem here? We have conflicting stories of what happened and what was said

Of course this is me professing my love for murderous terrorists :colonhash:

Well done, interviewed one person. Whereas 3 other people did confirm that the man did actually shout Britain First, some with statements.

Let's be honest, if it were a Muslim you'd be quick to call the attacker a terrorist. Typical
How is stopping doing your job respectful?

That's a bit like saying why do we have a 2 minute silence every year for remembrance day.
Why is an elected member more important than your average joe getting murdered?

I actually do think it is more "important". Not sadder or more tragic, but it certainly has much larger implications when a representative of the people is killed particularly if it was for political reasons. It has the possibility of influencing the political process in an unwarranted manner.
That's a bit like saying why do we have a 2 minute silence every year for remembrance day.

Tell me how it is respectful to stop doing your job for a whole day.
This has marred a great day.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by KINGYusuf
Well done, interviewed one person. Whereas 3 other people did confirm that the man did actually shout Britain First, some with statements.

Three witnesses have confirmed that? Can you provide a link?
Tell me how it is respectful to stop doing your job for a whole day.

ok lets just assume a close freind or loved one of yours was murdered brutally, would you just forget about it and go to work? You forget that a lot of the people in the campaign were close freinds with her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending