The Student Room Group

Could people with Extra Time cheat there exams???

So everyone else as finished there exam and left the hall.

Now is it possible for someone with extra time to request to go to the toilet and open up there phone in the cubicle and search a few quick questions to build an answer?

If this is possible today then something needs to be done to prevent such a thing in the future.
I don't see why checking your phone in the toilet is restricted to people with extra time. You shouldn't have your phone on you at all.
Reply 2
I get extra time and am unable to go to the toilet... the amount you get is often very little anyway, and you get given it because you need it. You wouldn't have time to go the toilet- plus you should be supervised.
The whole time the invigilator is with you.
The invigilators wouldn't allow anyone to go to the toilet at that point, they'd just be told to wait till they finish their exam.
Reply 4
Original post by Dusky Mauve
I don't see why checking your phone in the toilet is restricted to people with extra time. You shouldn't have your phone on you at all.

That is very true but for people with Extra Time they could come on forums like this and find some possible answers.
Isn't extra time like 15 mins? Those pussys can hold it in. Wouldn't be surprised if the examiners said that, with a bit of paraphrasing of course.
I know someone who went to the toilet during their exam to text someone

But a reasonable person would not risk it.
But if you're caught with your phone its game over. At my college you get disqualified from every exam for the next 2 years. Is it really worth it?
Reply 8
All phones are either confiscated from the individuals or isolated from them.

There is no way they can cheat.
Reply 9
Yeah I do get extra time but that doesnt mean i can go to toilet or drink water. Instead I would use my time wisely going through paper again and again. Phone should be confiscated from the beginning to end of exam time.
Reply 10
Original post by 34908seikj
Isn't extra time like 15 mins? Those pussys can hold it in. Wouldn't be surprised if the examiners said that, with a bit of paraphrasing of course.

Depends on the exam for some it can be like 30 mins.
Reply 11
Original post by Drewski
All phones are either confiscated from the individuals or isolated from them.

There is no way they can cheat.

Well at my school you got to hand it in and I know people who don't so you can still have a phone on you.
Original post by 2016_GCSE
Well at my school you got to hand it in and I know people who don't so you can still have a phone on you.

There is always a possibility. :rolleyes:

Even people who don't get extra time can go to the toilet and 'search for answers'...

Yes you still could, and if your caught (albeit unlikely), but well done you you've just lost ALL of your results.

The chance of someone going to the toilet during extra time, well they'll probably say no, but you can't exactly sit in their for long if you are. And the likelihood of getting caught to actually finding answers within minutes of the exam ending for others, is well, probably more likely you'll get caught.

Don't bring your phone into exams.

Don't cheat. Seriously, what's the point ?
i had extra time in my exams when i did them and if you needed the bathroom, an invigilator had to wait outside the bathroom. so no it wasn't possible when i did my exams and we were checked for phones and told to put our bags in a certain place
So everyone else as finished there exam and left the hall.

Now is it possible for someone with extra time to request to go to the toilet and open up there phone in the cubicle and search a few quick questions to build an answer?

If this is possible today then something needs to be done to prevent such a thing in the future.

That does seem like a possibility. Like them going onto TSR and looking at people's answers. Hmm..
However I know in my school, students can only go to bathrooms within the hall so you would probably have to go there BEFORE the exam if you could access it and hide the phone somewhere that is not visible and then you'll have to be absolutely SURE you're going to that bathroom (since there's two I believe). I wouldn't bother going through that hassle if I had extra time. I'd rather answer truthfully instead of risking my gcses.
I don't know if they could cheat there exams, but they could possibly cheat their exams.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending