The Student Room Group

Anyone sick of fat acceptance and the 'big is beautiful' campaign?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by 999tigger
Honeslty considering the views expressed in your previous posts I doubt anyone would wnat to work for you.

The number of people who are obese and unashamed of it is very small, compared to the numbers who would ove to get rid of the weight, but often have low education, low self esteem and depression.

2/3 of the population is overweight.
1/4 of the population is obese.

Its a major problem.
I doubt they find fat attractive, but you dont solve the situation by shaming them..

Yes but why should tax payers have to fund these lifestyles and accept obesity as normal? It is not fine and should not be tolerated as 'beautiful'.
Reply 21
100% sick of it, it's not beautiful and most importantly it is not healthy. It's not helpful for them, nor is it helpful for us taxpayers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 0to100
Don't care about fat peoples feelings honestly but the rationale is that it's "mean" and "wrong" which isn't so irrational. It's true. It is mean. It is wrong.

But the whole "fat acceptance" really takes the piss outta civil rights.

Most fat people single handledly decided to be fat. And won't stop.

Whereas gays supposedly didn't choose their sexuality, and people of colour certainly didn't choose their colour, and poor people certainly didn't choose poverty :angry:

Yep that was exactly my point
Reply 23
Original post by loveleest
Well done for pointing out the obvious sweetie.

I think you're the dilutional one. Slim people that are unhealthy is usually down to something that they can't control, where a fat people choose to be fat and increase their chances of health issues.
Original post by Prussia1
Yes but why should tax payers have to fund these lifestyles and accept obesity as normal? It is not fine and should not be tolerated as 'beautiful'.

I'm saying just because there are a tiny minority of people who resist being shamed and point out they are still people, the vast majority of overweight and obese people dont think its a good place to be and wish or are making an effort to lose weight.

You talk about tax payers money, but as pointed out overweight people are in the majority, so contribute the majority of taxes.

I can see they might object to spending money one educating the ignorant and intolerant, but it still happens.
I think you're the dilutional one. Slim people that are unhealthy is usually down to something that they can't control, where a fat people choose to be fat and increase their chances of health issues.

lol ok

What can't I control? I'm skinny and I eat a lot of junk food.
(edited 7 years ago)
In my opinion there is absolutely nothing attractive about being overweight. Comparing being fat to being black, being gay or impoverished is absolutely ridiculous. As @0to100 has said, the majority of fat people, are making a decision to eat wrongly and not exercise even though they are fully aware that the lifestyle choices they are making are poor for there health.

I do however think that more government legislation is required to 'push' people into making more informed choices, i.e. taxing sugary drinks, as it is clear that some people still lack the self control to be able to reduce there eating.
Original post by loveleest
Well done for pointing out the obvious sweetie.

It's obvious, yet there are so many, especially within the FA/HAES movements, which claim that being overweight and obese causes no health problems whatsoever.

There's always the pro-ana on the other side of the spectrum.
Original post by ChemGod007
In my opinion there is absolutely nothing attractive about being overweight. Comparing being fat to being black, being gay or impoverished is absolutely ridiculous. As @0to100 has said, the majority of fat people, are making a decision to eat wrongly and not exercise even though they are fully aware that the lifestyle choices they are making are poor for there health.

I do however think that more government legislation is required to 'push' people into making more informed choices, i.e. taxing sugary drinks, as it is clear that some people still lack the self control to be able to reduce there eating.

Even those with conditions such as PCOS can lose weight - they simply need to add around 300 more calories to their deficit.
Fat shaming just sends people on the defensive and doesn't achieve anything.

The key is to educate people about the dangers.
Original post by saraxh
What can't I control? I'm skinny and I eat a lot of junk food.

It's called high metabolism
Original post by 0to100

I already know that. Just because i'm skinny doesn't mean I eat healthy.
Original post by 0to100

A high metabolism, unless you're a truly rare genetic freak, will only change your TDEE by a few hundred calories.
Original post by saraxh
I already know that. Just because i'm skinny doesn't mean I eat healthy.

And? Your point is what?
Original post by 0to100
And? Your point is what?

The person who made the thread said big is not beautiful and looks lazy. I'm lazy and skinny?
Original post by saraxh
The person who made the thread said big is not beautiful and looks lazy. I'm lazy and skinny?

Yea I know wtf you said, I'm asking wtf is your point in saying it
Original post by 0to100
Yea I know wtf you said, I'm asking wtf is your point in saying it

The person who made this thread doesn't get that.
Original post by saraxh
The person who made this thread doesn't get that.

:nothing: Do you understand I'm asking you to explain your reasoning...?
Oh ffs I'll do it for you then: you're saying, you're supposedly skinny but lazy. You're saying this because you for some reason (which I'm trying to discover) are defending fat people and denying their obvious laziness, simply because you want to argue the op's logic? I wanna know..why you're doing this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending