The Student Room Group

girls would you...

Girls would you date a muslim guy... Even if he wasnt too religious etc???

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
**** off
I'm a muslim girl and woud not consider a non-muslim unless i was truly madly in love.
Original post by shez088

if they desperate possibly...
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a muslim girl and woud not consider a non-muslim unless i was truly madly in love.

That's racist

Fair enough but not all muslim guys want to date muslim girls...
no because dating is haram... duh

nevertheless i know people "halal date" before getting married soooo maybe. but if he wasn't religious but he was too good to let go of, then i will compromise (my friend managed to make her fiance more religious. and my sister in law got my brother to be more religious)
I'd consider anyone of any background unless they tried to make me conform to their culture or convert to their religion. I get being respectful of their culture especially around family but if they tried to make me conform in private I'd be straight out of there, same for telling me that I would need to convert and follow their religion.
Original post by shez088

moisten me with all you have
probably not lol

that's nice to see someone sticking to their beliefs
Reply 9
Original post by sfaraj

nevertheless i know people "halal date" before getting married soooo maybe. but if he wasn't religious but he was too good to let go of, then i will compromise (my friend managed to make her fiance more religious. and my sister in law got my brother to be more religious)

lmaoo xD
Original post by shez088

I don't know what's the problem people are always having with Muslims. You could also had mentioned Christian, Jew, Budhist etc. Why always Muslims?
Original post by Mariyam Ali
I don't know what's the problem people are always having with Muslims. You could also had mentioned Christian, Jew, Budhist etc. Why always Muslims?

Because Muslims are typically more conservative and their religion more onerous than your average Christian or Buddhist. Jewish, is probably fairly comparable, but their population on TSR seems to be much smaller than the Muslim population.

They probably should have just stated "religious" however, I agree.
Original post by Elivercury
Because Muslims are typically more conservative and their religion more onerous than your average Christian or Buddhist. Jewish, is probably fairly comparable, but their population on TSR seems to be much smaller than the Muslim population.

They probably should have just stated "religious" however, I agree.

You should also know that Hindus and Sikhs are far more conservative as compared to the Muslims.
Original post by Mariyam Ali
You should also know that Hindus and Sikhs are far more conservative as compared to the Muslims.

You didn't mention Hindus or Sikhs. You mentioned Christians and Buddhists which are (in this country anyway) probably the two least conservative religions on average. Ignoring Humanism if you classify that as a religion...I'd argue it's more of a belief.

Incidentally from my own personal experience I would disagree that Hindus and Sikhs are more conservative, but I can't claim to have huge familiarity with either religion.
i know you said "even if he wasn't too religious" but i'd probably still say no as i'm not interested in dating anyone religious, just think we'd clash a lot about beliefs as i don't believe any of it
Reply 15
Original post by GUMI
That's racist

No it's not. What's wrong in wanting to date/marry someone with the same beliefs/outlook on life as you. Makes things a heck of a lot easier in the long term.
Reply 16
Original post by sfaraj

No it's not.
Original post by GUMI
That's racist

Please, do you know the definition of racism?

Does it mention religion anywhere above No!
What Annonymous said was not racist :rolleyes:
Original post by Josb
No it's not.

I thought y'all said halal dating was haram last time I asked ?
Original post by shez088

Probably not, even if he's moderate he will have all that cultural 'baggage' from his family, friends etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending